Welcome to Career Opportunities at Lindenwood University.
PLEASE READ: For all applications, please include your resume and cover letter. You may skip the “Quick Apply” page by simply clicking “Next” at the bottom of the page. When you arrive at the “Experience” page, you may upload all desired documents using the upload box labeled “Resume/CV.” This is the appropriate box to upload all documents.
If you are a current or prospective student applying for a student employee position, please use your student email address in the email field on the application.
JOB TITLE SUMMARY
Job Title: Lead Ambassador, Student Employee
Job weekly hours: 20
Job week assignment: 52
Rate of Pay: $10.25 an hour
Work Cycle: July 1st through June 30th
Campus Location: St. Charles
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Events Coordinator, Enrollment Management
Oversees: Student Ambassadors
The Lead Ambassador of the Student Ambassador program is an individual who has demonstrated initiative, leadership, and pride through their time as a Student Ambassador. Working closely with the Events Coordinator, Lead Ambassadors are the front line of Lindenwood University’s strategic recruitment efforts. Lead Ambassadors are responsible for providing campus tours, calling prospective students, building relationships with visiting school groups, facilitating campus event attendance throughout the program, and operating efficiently within a professional work environment. Lead Ambassadors are expected to be a positive role model across campus and must remain in good social and academic standing.
Essential Job Functions and Performance Indicators
- Provides tours of campus to prospective students and their families
- Facilitates and takes leadership in campus recruitment events
- Completes phone call campaigns
- Correctly files sensitive information
- Facilitates campus event attendance throughout the ambassador program
- Creates student recruiting note reports through Workday
- Interacts with group tour contacts to build relationships with those schools
- Assists event coordinator in
- Maintains a servant leader attitude toward student ambassadors
- Maintains professional conduct throughout all job duties
Communication, Collaboration, and Teamwork
- Adequately communicates and performs in an individual and group setting
- Works closely with supervisor to create a positive work environment
- Works with supervisor to create collaboration between the student ambassador program and other campus offices and student organizations
Planning, Organizing, and Accountability
- Maintain consistent working schedule
- Arrive in a timely manner for all scheduled shifts
- Completes all assigned tasks in a timely manner
Initiative, Problem-Solving, and Decision Making
- Immediately recognizes a negative situation and responds in a positive manner
- Continuously improves job related processes
- Works with supervisor to improve job recognition throughout the ambassador program
Support the Mission of the University
- Supports the mission of the university and serves as an ambassador of the university
Job may require other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications – Required qualifications to effectively perform the job. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered. (Additional requirements may be designated by position.)
- Currently Enrolled in classes at Lindenwood University
- Must be in good standing with the university; academically, socially, and financially.
- A minimum of one year of experience in a student ambassador role
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities – May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities commonly associated with this position.
- Extensive knowledge of student life and campus involvement
- High level of customer service and professionalism
- Ability to adapt to student needs
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- Fast paced office setting
- Subject to outdoor work environment when leading tours
- Dress appropriately for an office setting
- Must have on-call availability for group tours and Saturday visits
- Summer availability required
Physical Abilities - Activities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to walk entire campus with ease
- Some transportation of heavy boxes involved (50 lbs maximum)
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lindenwood University is an Equal Opportunity employer. The University complies with appropriate federal, state, and local laws and provides equal employment opportunities and access to education programs without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected status to all qualified applicants and employees. Lindenwood University is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and dedicated to providing a positive discrimination-free educational work environment.