We're looking for experienced developers with solid experience with AWS and Big Data for our Lead Analytics Engineer role. You'll be working on the latest technology in a fast paced environment for an established Data Science and Analytics team. You'll work closely with our Data Scientists and Developers and help with delivering cutting edge solutions to new and fascinating questions.
What You Will do:
- Implement best practices for design, architecture and implementation of high-performance, scalable and optimized data solutions.
- Work with development team on designing, building and automating the deployment of our data pipelines and applications to our data environment.
- Administrate resources in AWS including provisioning, monitoring, configuration and maintenance.
- Assist with capacity planning and load testing of our applications and scaling of cloud resources.
- Manage AWS resources (EMR, ECS clusters, etc.) and continuously improve deployment process of our applications.
- Promote the integration of new cloud technologies and continuously evaluate new tools that will improve the organization’s capabilities while leading to lower total cost of operation.
- Work with development and data science team to outline the DevOps execution strategy for different projects.
- Drive Automation efforts across the data analytics team utilizing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Terraform, Configuration Management, and Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD) tools such as Jenkins.
- Assist with organization wide security and data governance considerations. Work with the team to implement data governance, access control and identify and reduce security risks.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related technical fields.
- 6-8 year’s experience in Systems Engineering/Software development, including significant experience in Big Data and Cloud Services
- Expertise in Big data, AWS platform, Linux Operating Systems, and DevOps.
- Passion for understanding and working with large amounts of data, building data pipelines for ETL workloads from internal and external sources and leveraging tools that extract raw data into useful information and insights utilizing Data Science, Analytics, Business Intelligence (BI) and visualization tools to support business needs.
- Strong proficiency in AWS services such as EMR, S3, ECS, Lambda, etc. and AWS CLI; Self learner and ability to experiment and adopt new tools to build more efficient processes.
- Knowledge of SQL, AWS services such as Kinesis, EC2, IAM, CloudFormation, ELB, Cloudwatch, S3 and Big data related technologies like HIVE, Presto, Spark, Hadoop, etc.
- Working knowledge of infrastructure as code using Terraform
- Strong programming and scripting skills (e.g., Python, Scala, Java, Shell script, etc.)
- Experience with continuous integration/delivery tools like Jenkins.
- Working knowledge of LDAP, Active Directory, Security, Networking and DNS technologies.
- ITIL Practices & Agile methodologies.
- Good combination of technical and interpersonal skills with strong written and verbal communication; detail-oriented with the ability to work independently.
- Consultant mindset – identify, communicate, and act on issues and initiatives
- Takes initiative on improvements and testing results.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in an organized and timely manner.
- Detailed oriented, with the ability to plan, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Experience working with fast-paced operations/dev teams and DevOps practices
Job Requisition ID:35959
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.