Magic Leap is an eclectic group of people who share a magical vision of the future. And we’re growing.
Our mission is to harmonize people and technology to create a better, more unified world. Our vision is to amplify the best parts of you and to advance the human spirit.
You will join a stimulating, challenging, fast-paced environment to assume technical and project leadership in the design and integration of audio and voice signal processing technology for Magic Leap’s next-generation mobile computing platform. Responsibilities also include managing vendor/partner relationships, evaluating technology licensing opportunities, and participating in the overall Magic Leap product development process.
- Provide effective technical leadership within a team responsible for the design and deployment of a complex audio and speech subsystem under strict schedule and architectural constraints.
- Design, prototype, demonstrate and implement innovative audio and voice signal processing technology.
- Maintain ongoing alignment with project stakeholders regarding product requirements, schedules, prototypes, demonstrations, and deliverables.
- Cross-functional liaison with hardware design, software architecture and business development teams. Technical evaluation and integration of 3rd-party technologies.
- Create clear and thorough requirements and specification documentation for internal and cross-functional reference.
- Generate new and unique IP.
- Significant experience (minimum 5 years) leading teams and/or projects in advanced audio signal processing algorithm R&D, architecture and software development.
- Extensive experience (minimum 10 years) in designing and/or productizing advanced audio and/or voice signal processing algorithms for consumer devices, including several of the following: acoustic echo cancellation, beamforming, wake-on-voice, voice signal enhancement, dereverberation, source separation.
- Significant experience with objective and subjective performance evaluation/validation of implementations of the above technologies, as well as speech and language processing technologies.
- Deep knowledge of audio, acoustics, speech and audio perception, machine learning applied to audio, frequency-domain audio and voice signal processing.
- Extensive experience in C/C and Matlab or Python.
- Experience with professional software design tools and techniques.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with professional software design tools and techniques: software version control systems such as Git/Gerrit and Perforce, performing code reviews of your own and/or other people’s code, testing, documentation, and planning/operating in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Extensive experience with the development and implementation of signal processing algorithms for acoustic echo cancellation, beamforming, speech and language processing and recognition, wake-on-voice, speech synthesis.
- Experience designing and shipping commercial software applications or systems.
- Experience with hardware implementation and testing of DSP algorithms and electroacoustic systems.
- Experience in structured evaluation of commercially available algorithms and crafting build-vs-buy recommendations.
- Solid knowledge of adaptive filters, microphone array beamforming, acoustic echo cancellation and active noise cancellation algorithms.
- Experience with machine-learning and machine-listening techniques, blind source separation, signal segmentation and analysis.
- Experience with the design and implementation of signal processing algorithms for sound field recording and modeling, binaural and multichannel audio, Ambisonics.
- Experience with audio spatialization, artificial reverberation, audio effects, virtual/augmented reality.
- Experience with Android/Linux; Android NDK; Github/Gerrit, Perforce.
- Experience with Max/MSP, AudioMulch (or similar), Python, Faust, C#.
- Experience with game audio software technology: Unity/Unreal engines; Wwise or FMOD; OpenAL, EAX.
- Experience with digital audio workstations, plugin development, sound design/editing.
- Experience with technical publication and patent application/prosecution.
- BA/BS in Computer Science is required
- MS is preferred.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines