The health and safety of our employees is our credo, moral obligation, and at the core of our business practices.
How we are keeping our employees and customers safe:
- Strict adherence to CDC Guidelines
- Enhanced vehicle cleaning/disinfecting measures with concentrated focus on high frequency touch areas
- PPE Distribution (Hand Sanitizer, masks, gloves)
- Social Distancing Enforced
- Enhanced facility cleaning/disinfecting measures with concentrated focus on high frequency touch areas
- Daily temperature checks
- COVID-19 Testing
The TAS organization has developed a strong culture of safety, professionalism and personal responsibility; we expect all team members to adhere to team standards of conduct.
The AVOM acts as the TAS Operations Manager working with the client’s Dispatch team and Lead Dispatcher and TAS employees of all levels. The AVOM evaluates and interacts with the vehicle drivers and his/her AVOS team to hire, coach, mentor, and make employment related decisions as necessary. The AVOM is accountable for his/her shift performance and compliance with processes, training and emergency responses. Additionally, the AVOM acts as an intermediary between the General Manager and the shift’s AVOS’s.
- Manage the daily activity of the AVOS team to ensure efficient smooth operation of the shift.
- Drive special projects and programs completion assigned by the General Manager.
- Serve as a surrogate and attend meetings with the client to represent GM or other functional leadership team members.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with the different internal and external stakeholders
- Support client’s operations leadership team in daily operations management of dispatch, including mission assignment, leading meetings, and communicating with internal & external stakeholders.
- Participate in Lean/Kaizen, Black Belt and other Operational Excellence initiatives
- Interpret metrics, find opportunities and implement actions to drive operational improvements and enhancements
- Ensure compliance throughout the site to global process standards and works on continuous improvement initiatives
- Oversee the process for all vehicle driver safety evaluation ride checks, observation of drivers while on route/test track, and prescribes the necessary retraining
- Manage and administer the performance - based pay program for all subordinate employees. Involve the GM for managers’ evaluations.
- Coordinate, monitor and supervise the activities of subordinates. Informs other management personnel regarding operational/personnel problems as appropriate and offers ideas towards resolution
- Ensure daily operation processes are conducted as expected, including, but not limited to: assignments, start of shift egress, out of office management, pre-briefs and debriefs, etc,
- Responds to service issues including rerouting, accidents and incidents with the goal of restoration of interrupted service and testing; supports drivers in preparing accident reports including post-accident drug and alcohol testing according to policy.
- Interacts with and assists passengers as necessary (as directed by client’s staff)
- Investigates and responds to unsafe location/situation reports; makes recommendations and/or changes to resolve the unsafe situation (in conjunction with the Director of Safety and Compliance)
- Maintains routine records and performs a variety of clerical workactivities related to the property operation (in conjunction with the GM and Facilities Program Manager)
- Maintains high degree of confidentiality of all information
- Other duties as required.
- The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Transdev reserves the right to revise this job description at any time.
Education, Licensing, and Certifications Required:
- Bachelor’s degree from anaccredited university or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of operations experience leading teams
- Preferred Education:
- Degree in Engineering, Operations, or a related field is a plus.
- 2 or more years of relevant experience desired, but not necessary; however, some managerial experience is required.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Knowledge of service area and ability to read a map/digital map directions
- Ability to use a computer to generate reports and schedules
- Ability to supervise others and make quality business decisions regarding operations
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret system operating rules, regulations, policies, phases and routes
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to organize and perform work efficiently; strong analytical skills and attention to details
Skills and Knowledge Preferred:
- Travel requirement outside of immediate service area (as a percent) 10%
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must pass and maintaindrug and background check clearance
- Willingness to participate and adhere to COVID-19 testing protocols
- Must be able to work varying shifts schedules as needed - including weekends and holidays.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate, handle or feel; reach with hands or arms; and talk or hear. Frequently required to sit.
- 50% of the workday could be spent outdoors monitoring service on routes, and company locations. Must be able to work in extreme heat and cold and in a damp environment with moderate noise.
- Remaining work is accomplished in an office or in a cubicle space equipped with a telephone and computer; time is spent sitting, typing, or looking at a computer.
Based near Chicago, Transdev is the largest private-sector operator of multiple modes of transit in North America, including bus, rail, streetcar, paratransit, and shuttle services. Transdev is committed to being the trusted partner of cities and transit authorities through quality execution and innovations in mobility. Its parent company, Transdev Group, is a leading global operator and integrator of mobility operating in 17 countries and provides passengers every day the freedom to connect to what they care about in their cities. www.transdevna.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check.