The purpose of the Lead Banquet Server is to organize and coordinate the set‐up, service and breakdown for all food and beverage functions; maintains communication with meeting planners ensuring complete guest satisfaction; in charge of proper training of servers and co‐captains.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensure that a high level of sanitation and cleanliness is maintained before, during and after each shift.
- Review any changes on Banquet Event Order’s (BEO) including, guarantees, times, set-up requirements, checking with banquet manager and event planning manager for any last minute opportunities. Check function room for cleanliness, burnt light bulbs, proper door signage and making sure it is damage free.
- Maintain constant contact with Banquet Chef to ensure complete, effective communication between food production and food service. Coordinates pick-up times and gives exact count after guests have been seated, advises as to last minute timing and any special menu requests.
- Conducts daily stand-up, reviewing any general information for servers, along with pre-meal briefing and uniform inspection. Post end of shift side duties.
- Inspects table place settings, including table linen, silverware, china, glass and condiments for correct placement by servers and to ensure that each element is clean, undamaged and attractive
- Responsible for proper setting of buffet tables and other food service tables used for catering functions.
- Sees that all functions take place on time and according to plan. All rooms are to be ready 30 minutes ahead of scheduled time and ready to receive guests. Responsible for all servers on the floor and supervises service received by guest throughout each function assigned. Staff is ready at attention 15 minutes before start time.
- Supervises clearing and post function clean up. Checks servers out, making sure that function rooms, back hall and storage areas are neat and clean and equipment is cleaned and stored properly. Makes sure any breakfast functions for the next day are set and ready.
- Prepares banquet check, double-checking for accuracy and making any additions needed and has host sign it. Completes a detailed captain’s critique for each assigned function. Distributes all necessary paperwork at end of shift.
- Reviews next days’ BEO’s, checking for staffing and any changes. Fills out equipment and food requisitions as needed.
High school diploma or general education degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
An online application is required for consideration. Interested, qualified applicants should go to: www.aurohotels.com/careers/
Auro Hotels is an e-verify and equal opportunity employer. All applicants are subject to background and substance abuse screening prior to any offer of employment
This position is at a location where Hyatt is not the employer. The employer of individuals working at this hotel may be a third-party management company that is responsible for all employment benefits and obligations at this location.