This position will be based out of Delaware North’s new global headquarters, a state-of-the-art, 12-story, mixed-use building in downtown Buffalo, N.Y. The headquarters facility, reflective of our values, integrates the latest advances in environmental, energy conservation and office design.The Opportunity
The Lead Benefits Analyst is responsible for leading Delaware North’s benefits function on an enterprise-wide scale, focusing on wellness 60% of the time; health, welfare, affordable care act, retirement, performance, work-life effectiveness, and other key programs that support the Company’s talent strategy 40% of the time.
- The Lead Analyst must be a proven, results-oriented subject matter expert who will have experience partnering with HR business partners and management to assist with developing and driving comprehensive benefit strategies for the business. The ideal candidate will not only be well versed in the underlying data but also have the ability and experience in summarizing and reporting out to senior management.
- Drive the development of the global benefits strategy
- Advise and consult with HR leaders on benefit and wellness programs
- Manage the planning of tactics for the delivery and administration of benefit programs
- Develop comprehensive benefit communications plans to improve associate understanding and to meet associate participation objectives in key benefits programs
- Conduct benefit cost analysis and projections - analyzing key components of financial results, identifying trends and variances
- Continually assess benefit plans in light of emerging legislative, social and business trends and make recommendations for changes to benefit programs to better meet the changing needs of the business and its associates in alignment with the Global Benefits Strategy.
- Select and manage external partnerships as required to engage in the development and or delivery of benefits plans
- Plug into projects as needed to support the Total Rewards function, including back-up support as needed
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Leads design, development of Global Benefits strategy
- Leads additional projects as needed supporting Total Rewards and Organizational Effectiveness
- Manage and serve as the primary day-to-day subject matter expert for benefit and wellness programs and providers
- Advise and consult with HR leaders
- Bring forth components of the wellness program, or other projects in line with budgetary requirements.
- Lead to ensure and enforce compliance in all aspects of project work.
- Lead key initiatives of the global wellness program.
- Leads and participates in projects and initiatives cross-functionally.
- Primary interface with providers of programs for set up and ongoing requirements of the programs
- Lead team members both domestically as well as globally to evaluate/build the global wellness program.
- Bachelor’s Degree. Area(s) of Study: business management, HR, or related field. MBA preferred.
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) preferred
- Minimum five (5) years’ Wellness & Benefits or Total Rewards experience.
- Proactively seeks out and recommends process improvements
- Flexibility in handling work flow in a multi-tasking environment and adjust to changing priorities
- Strong technical/analytical skills
- Experience with Office 365
- Intermediate Excel and analytics capability
Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit www.delawarenorth.com.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.