Weitzman is recruiting for an experienced Lead Building Engineer for office buildings in downtown Austin.
- Supervise building maintenance staff
- Perform daily inspections and preventative maintenance work on mechanical, electrical, HVAC, and plumbing systems, ensuring that building systems operate efficiently
- Provide service and timely response to the needs of the tenants of the building and system or equipment failures
- Ensure compliance with all local codes and regulations
- Communicate with property manager on all information related to properties in a timely manner
- Respond to work orders and tenant complaints, follow up on ongoing programs, and assist in day-to-day operations
- Assist in the implementation and ongoing review of emergency procedures
- Develop a complete personal knowledge of all building equipment in order to maximize the life span and to have contingency plans ready in the event of system or equipment failure
- Coordinate service calls with contractors, vendors, and consultants to complete projects
- Knowledge/understanding of building EMS (Energy Management System) and access control systems
- Capable of directing upgrades to critical building systems related to HVAC, Plumbing, and Electrical
- 5+ years of experience in the maintenance and operation of commercial properties
- Understanding of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior customer service skills and professionalism under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task and see projects through to completion
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Technical school graduate (electrical or mechanical discipline) preferred
Weitzman is one of the largest retail-focused commercial real estate owners and third-party service providers in Texas. Weitzman offers a full range of services including general brokerage, property management, asset management and development services. We operate exclusively in Texas’ major markets: Dallas-Fort Worth, Austin, Houston and San Antonio. Visit our website at www.weitzmangroup.com or follow us on Twitter @WeitzmanGroupTX, Facebook and LinkedIn for other employment opportunities.
Weitzman offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.