Manager, Business Analytics
Analytics | Santa Clara, CA | Chegg Headquarters
We are seeking an analytical, creative and motivated Manager to lead a small team of Analysts in driving product and business decisions for Chegg’s Learning Services team.
Chegg’s learning tools include Textbook Solutions, Expert Q&A, Test Prep and Tutoring – and there are ambitious plans to continue to expand into new services that improve learning outcomes.
The candidate will leverage data to uncover new insights and improve decision making in the organization. Strong communication and analytic skills are critical for success in this role. Persistence, creativity, strong detail-orientation and a strong desire to improve will make you successful in this role.
3-5 years’ experience in product/business analysis or background in a quantitative field is preferred.
- Lead and mentor a small team of Analysts.
- Develop and define key business insights to help optimize business operations and guide decision-makers and executives.
- Engage with leaders of engineering, and product, to drive the future strategy for the company – grounded in analytics.
- Core analytics: derive insights on conversion, retention and financial performance
- Identify key levers in the business and support process by uncovering trends
- Conduct and present ad-hoc analyses to inform roadmap decisions and investments
- Build thoughtful and detailed models to support business cases
- Partner with engineers, marketers and product managers to solve pressing issues and build new features
- Diligent and consistent ability to follow-through on long, comprehensive projects
- Strong analytical skills, organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to understand the big picture and the fine details around a business area
- Strong desire to learn, with the goal of becoming an expert in the student services business
- Ability to communicate ideas and key points clearly with every level within the organization
- Support the company's corporate culture including adhering to established ethical standards
- Must be persistent, creative and have strong team skills
- 8+ years of demonstrated success in business analytics and/or data science.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S/B.A.) from a university; technical fields preferred (Business, Math, Statistics, Engineering, etc)
- Strong business acumen and analytic skills
- Fluency in SQL
- Advanced computer proficiency skills using Excel and Powerpoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a business analyst, investment banking or management consulting role is preferred
As the leading student-first connected learning platform, Chegg's Student Hub makes higher education more affordable and more accessible, all while improving student outcomes. Chegg is a publicly-held company based in Santa Clara, CA with offices in San Francisco, New York, Portland, India, Israel, Berlin, and Ukraine. Chegg Student Hub Services Includes; Chegg Study, Tutoring, Writing Tools, Math Help, Test Prep, Careers Search, Internship Admissions, and College Admissions.
Video Shorts - Life at Chegg: https://jobs.chegg.com/Video-Shorts-Chegg-Services
Certified Great Place to Work!: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/chegg
Chegg Corporate Career Page: https://jobs.chegg.com/
Chegg is an equal opportunity employer#LI-RM