Job Title – Senior Digitial Signal Processing Software Engineer
Job Location – Rochester, NY
Job Code – CS20191402-30091
Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers’ toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more at harris.com
Responsible for research, design, and development of computer software systems, in conjunction with hardware product development for an advanced Tactical Radio Product.
- Requires the application of the principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis.
- Ability to Work independently or lead a small team.
- Summarizes technical information and presents recommendations to management.
- Plans, estimates and tracks engineering projects.
- Analyzes software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Consults with electrical, RF engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, and operational performance requirements of the overall system.
- Develops system testing procedures, programming and documentation. Understands basic principles and technical concepts; position provides opportunities to apply theory to practice.
- Creativity in problem solving is expected.
- BSEE, BSCS, BSCE required with a minimum of 7 years industry experience.
- 7+ years with C, and C++ programming language and Object-Oriented Design (OOD) required.
- Experience with Digital Signal Processing is required.
- 3+ years of embedded software development experience in a CMM/CMMI Level 3 environment Experience with software emulators/debuggers required.
- Proficiency with multi-threaded design and/or real-time operating systems is required.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with flash file systems, XML, networking protocols and/or Ethernet switching.
- Experience with Linux host environments.
- Knowledge of IP Networking and Wireless Networking desirable.
- Ability to obtain a SECRET security clearance required.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement.
Job Category: Engineering
Location: USA - NY - Rochester
Activation Date: Thursday, February 14, 2019
Expiration Date: Saturday, February 15, 2020