***$200.00 Hiring Bonus***
Employment Opportunity: Lead Cal Trans Job Coach
Compensation: $17.00- DOE
COULD THIS BE YOU?
Wanting to make a direct difference and impact in your community? Are you eager to help a greater cause rather than just receiving a paycheck? Are you creative in the way you approach problem solving? Are you detail oriented with documentation and time management? Are you enthusiastic to assist someone to achieve their personal goals? Are you ready to join a team of people that have the same vision in “Building Partnerships and Creating Choices” for those we serve.
The Lead Job Coach is responsible for providing training and support to employees and individuals participating at the Cal Trans Supported Employment Program. The Lead Job Coach is expected to ensure the long term contract success and an effective work training experience for the Individuals’ served. This position has supervisory duties.
Essential Duties Include:
- Guarantee services compliance with applicable State and Federal regulations.
- Ensure Individual’s rights are met and are of foremost importance.
- Ensure compliance with company programs, practices, and policies specific to program and client management.
- All employees are mandated reporters as such you are required to report all suspected incidents of abuse, neglect, and sexual assault in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure that employees/trainees are oriented and trained specific to the companies Safety Program including weekly safety meetings, drills, and maintain records
- Understand and ensure all paperwork is submitted as required by deadlines including (but not limited to) transportation paperwork, attendance, job coach notes, objective sheets, incident/accident reports, time studies, case management documentation and time sheets.
- Ensure that task analysis and time measurements are current and conducted according to facility standards.
- Execute proper allocation of agency resources (product, space, time, people, etc.).
- Ensure a safe, clean and sanitized environment.
- Execute and monitor contract requirements to ensure quality of workmanship and customer expectations are being satisfied.
- Ensure contract scope of work check list is completed daily for each shift.
- Maintain positive communication between NCI and contract contact.
- Knowledge of tools, equipment and MSDS guidelines, as well as employees/trainees.
- Assist with coordination of transportation to and from the job site.
- Maintain a courteous, positive, enthusiastic, well-mannered and professional demeanor while working with Individuals served, the community, and the contract contact.
- Ensure and/or assist with emptying trash, litter removal and restrooms are fully stocked
- Ensure and/or assist with cleaning of building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming.
- Ensure and/or assist with dusting furniture, fixtures, walls, machines and equipment.
- Guarantee that employees and trainees are knowledgeable and follow safety procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and cleaning solutions.
- Requisition supplies or equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Work with employees and trainees in a proactive manner to encourage behavior changes as needed.
- Ensure that employees and trainees, timecards, goal tracking, timings, and end of month paperwork is being turned in on time and reviewed for accuracy.
- Ensure that Individuals are oriented and trained specific to the companies Safety Program including weekly safety meetings, drills, and maintain records.
- Provide individuals with continuous instructions for work specific to vocational growth and training objectives that guarantee and correspond with abilities and development.
- And/or any other appropriate duties as needed.
- Paid Group Life Insurance for Full-time Employees
- Paid Time Off, Sick, & Holiday Pay for Full-time Employees
- Medical Insurance for Full-time employees
- Voluntary Vision & Dental Insurance
- Simple IRA
A high school education or equivalent is required. Previous experience working with developmentally disabled adults preferred.
Must have own vehicle, maintain a current California driver’s license and provide on-going proof of current state required auto insurance. Must have an acceptable driving record as determined by criteria established by the Agency’s insurance carrier. Must clear fingerprints through the California Department of Justice and FBI. The ability to successfully complete First Aid / CPR training is mandatory.
Skills and Abilities Preferred:
Necessary for this position are compassion, patience, good communication, resourcefulness, and the ability to make sound decisions. Must have the ability to work with minimal supervision and prioritize workload. Strong English oral and written communication skills are required. Reading, writing, basic math skills, attention to detail for extended periods of time, repetition, problem solving, and the ability to motivate others.
Essential functions of this position require that employees regularly sit, stand, bend, twist and walk. Employees may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 lbs.