Caliburn International LLC is a leading provider of professional services and solutions to U.S. federal government agencies and commercial clients. We provide consulting, engineering, medical, and environmental services as well as large scale program management in support of our core markets of national defense, international diplomacy, and homeland security client readiness. Caliburn employs over 8,000 dedicated professionals deployed across five continents.
Caliburn Medical Services supports the health and well-being of civilian and military workforce partners. We are one of the nation’s largest and most experienced providers of medical management services to international customers, the U.S. Government, and commercial clients. Our medical management solutions are technology-driven and grounded in best practices. We are committed to protecting employee, company, and partner information and we comply with all government and industry standards. For more information about Caliburn and our career opportunities, visit us at www.caliburnintl.com.
The Lead Case Manager is responsible for supervision and oversight of assigned case managers. They ensure coordinated case management and family reunification services for children in a children’s residential facility. Responsible for the safe and timely release of all children to appropriate care. They ensure contractual requirements and client expectations are met at the residential facility. Reports to the Supervisory Lead Case Manager. This position will operate at our El Paso Centralized Case Management Office in support of other centralized programs.
All services shall be provided in accordance with established standards, principles, and ethics of the profession, applicable professional specialty organizations, and the high-quality standard for which CHSi is recognized.
LOCATION: This position is based in El Paso, TX. Training will be conducted in Homestead, FL. Travel and per diem will be provided.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates case management and family reunification services for children.
- Ensures case managers initiate and maintains direct contact with each child and the child’s family while the child is in ORR care in order to efficiently advance the child’s family reunification and release the child from the facility.
- Provides oversight of case managers ensures quality control over work and ensure adherence to contract policies and procedures.
- Oversees sponsor identification and review cases prior to release request.
- Facilitates the timely release or discharge of children to identified family members or authorized caregiver/custodian and document the provision of services in each child’s case file.
- Ensures assessments are conducted in accordance with contract policies and procedures.
- Reports significant incidents in accordance with contract policies and procedures.
- Works closely with counselors and care coordinators to ensure communication.
- Maintains the ORR Database in accordance with contract policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
OTHER DUTIES :
- Performs duties in a safe manner.
- Follows the corporate safety policy.
- Participates and supports safety meetings, training, and goals.
- Ensures safety and security of all UAC and the operating conditions within the area of responsibility.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Flexible and willing to travel as needed.
- Fluent in English and Spanish (speak, read, and write).
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, sociology, or other relevant behavioral science.
- 6 months of case management experience with children.
- 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Clean criminal background check.
- Must be able to multi-task, be detail-oriented, be organized and have excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Master’s degree in the behavioral sciences, human services or social services fields and at least three years of progressive employment experience in the aforementioned fields.
- 1 year of case management.
- 3 year of supervisory.
- Ability to ascend/descend stairs.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Visual acuity required to complete paperwork, computer work and direct line of sight supervision of staff.
- Able to communicate verbally and listen for constant surveillance of staff activities.
- Able to withstand changing environmental conditions with weather (rain, lightning, and winds).
- Able to withstand and manipulate through construction areas, sports fields, etc.