Req #: 95532
Location Name: 34th Street - Between 7th And 8th Ave, New York
Performs the following functions: customer service, signing up new Rewards members, cashiering, store operations and merchandising. Complies with all policies and procedures associated with position, including maintaining a 95% attendance record.
Reports to Store Manager
• Ensures that the highest level of service is given to each customer making a transaction.
• Handles complex customer service situations and escalates service issues when appropriate
• Conducts cashier training
• Opens and closes all registers
• Maintains accurate count of petty cash
• Orders change
• Disburses, collects and maintains all walkie-talkies
• Ensures cash wrap is clean and well-stocked
• Authorized to perform all key turn transactions
• Audits media and register supplies. Informs management when supplies need to be ordered
• Completes all required closing paperwork
• Prepares nightly deposit for manager authorization
• Audits holds
• Partners with MOD to accommodate cashier breaks
• Performs all other Sales Associate duties including the followin
o Greet every customer in the store, reading customer cues to “Match” service level to their expectations, explaining the rewards program and its benefits while ensuring Passionate, Friendly, Helpful and Real Service.
o Maintain a clean and organized store. Includes but is not limited to picking up trash in the aisles, returning shoes back where they belong according to DSW standards, cleaning the associate break room and restrooms, vacuuming the store, cleaning mirrors, cleaning the front walkway/stoop of the store, and any other housekeeping items deemed necessary.
o Unloads merchandise from trucks, places merchandise on the sales floor per DSW standards, completes markdowns, maintains clearance area standards, fills accessories, organizes and maintains the stockroom
SETTING GOALS – Plans and organizes work efficiently with DSW’s mission as a compass. Generates new ideas, supports change. Continuously seeks new knowledge and uses new information effectively.
WORKING WITH OTHERS – Listens to others and values opinions, promotes a team atmosphere by demonstrating humility and respect, appreciates the importance of diversity. Builds effective relationships, relates well to others, delivers and responds to feedback in a constructive manner. Is dedicated to working with business partners to exceed the expectations of the customer (internal and external).
GETTING RESULTS – Takes initiative, is personally accountable for work performance; targets and achieves results. Simplifies and processes complex problems, understands underlying issues and addresses root causes, analyzes quantitative information and presents it in an effective way, seeks input from others and makes timely decisions.
Excellent organization and verbal communication skills
Proven ability to train others
Excellent customer service skills
Minimum high school graduate
Minimum 2 years retail experience required
Experience in high-volume cash wrap environment