We Are Hiring
At Saint Agnes, we know where our true value lies. It’s in our history, our culture and our people. You can feel the difference at Saint Agnes. It comes across in how we treat our patients and how we work with each other. It is in the commitment, passion and actions of every single associate who decides to make Saint Agnes home. Including, possibly, YOU!
- Lead Clinical Professional
- Full time
- Night Shift
- Medical Surgical Unit
- More detail below!
Why Join Ascension?
Saint Agnes Healthcare’s roots in Baltimore go all the way back to 1823. Our culture both then and now is based on a belief that ALL people deserve to be treated with dignity. For generations we have served the beautifully diverse community that is our home with special attention to those who are poor and vulnerable. Today we offer a full range of services through our 254-bed, full-service teaching hospital, Saint Agnes Medical Group, Seton Imaging Center, and Saint Agnes Foundation.
As part of Ascension we are part of a bigger ministry to deliver compassionate personalized care to all, especially those most in need. Ascension is one of the leading non-profit health systems in the United States. In fiscal year 2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
Our Lead Clinical Professional is a great mix of patient care and the bigger picture! In this role you serve as a Charge Nurse / Unit Lead while still having your own patient assignments quite often. You’ll enjoy working closely with our Nurse Manager and growing in your leadership skills through getting involved in administrative tasks, projects and committees. This role can be a stepping stone into a Nursing Supervisor (House Supervisor), Nurse Manager or other leadership / broader scope position.
This particular opening is on our 30 bed general Medical Surgical Unit. On this unit we have an extremely strong team that works very well together. This is a full time, hourly position, working 36 hours per week (three 12-hour shifts) on the night shift (7P-7:30A). The position is benefit eligible so comes with Ascension’s comprehensive programs that protect your health, income and survivors, as well as secure your retirement and enrich your spirit.
What You Will Need
- Diploma from an accredited school / college of nursing required.
- Registered Nurse (RN) credentialed from the Maryland Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- BLS certification from the American Heart Association obtained within 2 months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One year of work experience as a Registered Nurse in a similar environment required.
- Experience as a charge nurse, house supervisor or similar lead role preferred.
- Case Manager credentialed from the Commission for Case Manager Certification (CCMC) preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity