At Arup, we are dedicated to shaping a better world. For more than 70 years, we have helped bring to life groundbreaking projects across the globe, from the Sydney Opera House to the Carbon Free Boston study. Our 16,000-person global team regularly come together to devise solutions that benefit not just our clients, but also the world. We believe in continuous learning; providing a culture that is naturally curious and always stimulating.
We're looking for a Lead Commissioning Engineer to join our Boston office. You will lead the development of the Arup offering providing a broad range of commissioning services to both public and private clients. Our team works on projects like Northeastern University ISEC, Harvard Art Museums, and the Green Line Extension. If you have a passion for commissioning, quality, energy efficiency and problem solving then Arup would be a great place for you. As our Lead Commissioning Engineer, you will:
- Help expand our business offering through client development, lead generation, participating in client presentations/interviews, and assisting with proposal development (scope, fees, timelines, budgets).
- Help clients achieve required commissioning tasks associated with LEED projects.
- Build and mentor a diverse commissioning team
- Contribute primarily to Commissioning, monitoring based commissioning, retro-commissioning, energy efficiency retrofit, and demand response projects in the science, healthcare, higher education, transportation and commercial sectors
- Coordinate teams providing commission services for MEP systems, lighting, facades and control systems in both new and existing buildings
- Provide measurement and verification services
- Perform in-house design reviews and make recommendations for improvements
- Contribute to and help develop regional standards for commissioning test sheets and forms, commissioning specifications and practices, Monitoring Based Commissioning analytics and rule sets to assess the completion and performance of commissioned systems.
- Develop and maintain a Commissioning Business Plan
- Stay abreast of relevant industry developments and technology advancements
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering, or equivalent professional experience
- 10+ years of HVAC and controls experience in construction, energy evaluation and commissioning
- Industry recognized commissioning certification
- Understanding and experience with the practice of Commissioning in accordance with ASHRAE Guideline 0, guideline 1.1, and other related guidelines.
- Massachusetts Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) preferred
- LEED AP is preferred
Our Boston Office is a LEED and WELL gold certified state of the art workspace. We're located in the heart of Boston's financial district at 60 State Street. Arup offers an excellent benefits package including healthcare, 10% 401k match, 4 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO), 9 paid public holidays, and bonus compensation in the form of Profit Share.
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow.