Experienced in construction work activities, with demonstrated increasing responsibility, of the same or similar type as that of the project to which the Lead Engineer is assigned. Experience may be in the following sectors: Public (federal, state, municipal) projects including industrial/manufacturing facilities and/or healthcare with experience on cut overs of live systems for interior electrical, mechanical, and fire protection renovation projects. May require second/third shift work on a part time to full time basis.
Project assignments may involve on-site representation, project documentation, cost estimating, scheduling, inspections, quality control/quality assurance, plan review, and research of records. Maintain electronic files for the project documents on the Project Directory and clean-up of records and files for job close out. Assist with facility and infrastructure sustainment, restoration, and modernization of projects. Capable of providing lead role in planning and managing small to mid-size projects and/or leading a sub-group on a large project. Builds positive and productive working relationships with peers, superiors, and subordinates.
Expand on training and professional development, introduction to marketing activities including involvement with professional associations, and active participation in company initiatives. Project management responsibility in close liaison with Project Manager on small to mid-size projects. Analyze and optimize internal and external processes. Other duties as assigned.
The position title is differentiated by the following criteria:
Title Minimum Criteria
Lead Engineer* Bachelor of Science in Engineering
Lead Architect* Bachelor of Architecture
Lead Consultant Bachelor Degree in related field OR
Associate Degree in Engineering or Architecture with 10 years of relevant experience OR
Years of relevant experience equivalent to the level mentioned above.
* Local licensing regulations may prohibit use of Engineer or Architect titles without the individual processing a Professional License. In those cases, the Consultant title shall be used until Professional License is obtained.
EIT certification, CMIT certification, PE preferred. Working toward other certification such as CCM, CCE, PSP. Knowledge of engineering principles, principles of construction management and project controls, with specialized knowledge of one or more areas including scheduling, cost estimating, documentation, contract administration, or construction techniques. Thorough understanding of several of MBP's services. Strong understanding of building codes, laws and regulations that might affect assigned projects. Must possess OSHA 10-hour or OSHA 30-hour certification or obtain within 3 months of hire.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Report writing, client coordination, and carrying out assignments from conception to completion. Proficiency with many software including Microsoft Office programs, CADD, BIM Platforms (such as Revit, Novisworks, and Autodesk 360), graphics, scheduling (Primavera Project Planner or Suretrak Project Manager), and cost estimating (RS Means CostWorks). Ability to work within budgets and meet deadlines. Able to identify potential problems and derive recommended solutions from past experiences.
- Skilled in more than one of the following services: critical path method schedules, cost estimating, project budgeting, financial analysis, delay analysis, constructibility and design review, inspections, quantity take-offs, and closeouts.
- Ability to pay meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to utilize computers (including Microsoft Office software) and other specialized equipment.
- Ability to understand and track project schedules.
- Ability to communicate issues effectively and responsibly (verbally and in writing) with internal and external customers (i.e., contractors, owners, subconsultants and fellow team members).
- Ability to obtain and maintain industry certifications specific to duties assigned.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team.
- Able to stand and sit as needed on project work sites, climb ladders, work at heights, and work outdoors in a wide range of weather conditions.
- Ability to safely navigate construction work sites with uneven terrain.
- Assignments are generally received from Senior Engineer, Construction Manager or Project Manager.
- Ability to work independently seeking periodic guidance and direction.
- Public and client interface.
May supervise technical or support staff on individual project assignments.
MBP is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer.