LifeScan was founded in 1981 to provide solutions for people with Diabetes, focusing on the design and manufacture of test strips and electronic meters for blood glucose testing. Following the launch of the Onetouch brand in 1987, LifeScan has expanded to over 90 countries, serving over 20 Million patients worldwide and is the market leader. The business employs around 2,400 people worldwide with hubs in Malvern USA (Pennsylvania), Inverness UK and Zug Switzerland.
Lifescan is looking for a Lead Contract Analyst, Offer Development - Payer who will be responsible for the negotiation and management of contracts. This will include drafting commercial agreements, contract interpretation, managing contract redlines, contract tracking and maintenance, account counseling and supporting customer governance processes. This position will report into the Manager, Offer Development - Payer and will be remote based within the United States.
The Lead Contract Analyst will develop relationships with Account Managers, build relationships and serve as a point of contact to assist in Customer negotiations of legal terms and conditions. This includes addressing any issues resulting from changes and working cross functionally with manager and other departments on requirements. This person should be able to interpret and suggest contract language for improved templates. They will recommend and implement revisions as appropriate, as well as identify challenges and provide solutions to support process improvements.
This position is specific to support Payers including Managed Care, Pharmacy Benefit Managers. The successful candidate will have a broad understanding of managed care, successful track record in contract management, strong communication skills, and the solid analytical mindset needed to make data driven decisions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Drafts and assist with negotiation of contracts, working with Account Management team, Manager and Customers on legal Terms & Conditions
- Collaborate with contract administration team and third-party processor in support of contract implementation
- Review contracts and consults with manager and Customer to address any issues
- Supports the proposal development process for assigned accounts, identifying issues and risks along with their implications in collaboration with manager to share with required levels of management
- Reviews contract changes requested by Customers as well as recommendations made by internal stakeholders, ensuring consistency with business practices
- Deploy process improvement and change management in contract department development and maintenance of end-to-end contract lifecycle management system
- Interpret and suggest changes to contract templates for language requests. Work with applicable internal teams to incorporate changes into existing templates
- Partner with Contract Administration Mgr. on contract negotiation to ensure 3rd party can support
- Routine design and revisions to department and business policies
- Generate reports, support business activities and support audit requests
- Create standard operating procedures (SOPs) and work instructions (WIs) for department
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned