Quest Food Management Services is looking for a Lead Cook to join our team!
Work for a growing company with a personal touch. Leadership is visible, approachable and shows that they care about their teams. Quest allows you to become an integral part of the local community, in an environment where you are listened to, supported and work-life balance and consistent scheduling is a priority. You are not just a number at Quest.
We provide the communities we serve with fresh, high-quality food, exceptional responsiveness and intensely personal service. We are committed to creating the most enduring relationships in the industry by what we do and how we do it, which is achieved through an unwavering commitment to our values:
- Integrity: we do the right thing at all times
- Responsiveness: we listen and respond quickly to provide the best solutions
- Accountability: we do what we say we will do and accept responsibility for the results
- Respect: we treat others better than we expect to be treated ourselves
- Excellence: we deliver the best experience possible
Lead Cook prepares and presents menu items during service of the cafeteria to Quest standards. Follows preparation list for items needed for execution of menus and assist in the day to day operations of the kitchen. Duties may include bulk preparation, catering prep, product receiving and cleaning. Assists customers and maintains line in a consistent and professional manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cascades the vision of Quest Food Management Services ensuring the Quest vision, values and founding principles are effectively communicated, understood and practiced.
- Demonstrates commitment to Quest vision, values and missions through actions on a daily basis.
- Prepare food as assigned and per directions, production sheets, standardized recipes, and time schedule.
- Accurately assemble and present menu items.
- Follow Quest, local, State and Federal guidelines for the proper handling of food products.
- Assist in the overall sanitation of the line and product kitchen. Work with other members of the kitchen as a team.
- Maintain open and effective communication with others.
- Prepare all items to standardized recipes according to each specific event’s needs as outlined on the menu.
- Communicate to supervisor product shortages, ordering needs and maintenance issues to maintain the level of day to day business.
- Assist in the overall sanitation of the production kitchen and production facility.
- Ability to work at special events when required.
- Perform daily and weekly cleaning schedule.
- Ensure that all food production, storage, and service areas are maintained in accordance with all local, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and sanitized work station.
- Complete all prep for the next day’s production per production sheets and recipes as assigned and as needed.
- Transport food and all other supplies to and from the kitchen in a sanitary manner.
- Take temperatures and record them for all food.
- Serve food on the hot line and prepare side orders ensuring excellent presentation and garnishing of all plates.
- Follow HACCP guidelines to ensure safe food practices.
- Responsible for receiving and putting away all kitchen deliveries
- Follow all Quest policies and food safety guidelines.
- Report to scheduled shift on time and in complete uniform as outlined in the Quest employee handbook.
- Delegation of daily tasks to cooks.
- Knowledgeable of measurements and ability to make recipe conversions
- Basic baking skills
- Competently complete all duties of cooks I, II, & III
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Associate’s Degree in Culinary Arts or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a prep cook
- Responsible for meeting and maintaining state and local certification requirements (certified as a Food Handler)
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic as well as to understand measurements and conversions
- Ability to follow recipes
- Previous experience in the food service industry working in schools / higher education
Quest Food Management Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.