SAGE Dining Services® is seeking an experienced and motivated Sous Chef for a private school in Brookline, MA.
Check out our video. We know you’ll love it!
- Full-time Monday through Friday
- Must be available to work occasional events in the evenings and on weekends
- Follows school schedule
What you will do
- Produce large quantities of high quality scratch food
- Strictly adhere to SAGE approved recipes following all sanitation and safety protocols
- Assist chef with receiving and stocking
- Assist chef with overseeing that BOH records are being kept faithfully
- Help prep and produce high quality catered events
- Help set up and break down these events
- Excellent work ethic and sense of urgency
- Flexible schedule with the ability to occasionally work long days and weekends
- Ability to read and write in English, second language a plus
- Ability to work with minimal oversight
- At least 3 years of culinary experience
- Culinary degree preferred
- Competitive Wage
- Excellent Benefits
- Paid Vacation Days
- Daily Training
- Uniform and Shoes
Positions at SAGE provide competitive wages and benefits, with hours that offer a better work-life balance than those at a restaurant. We create careers, not just jobs, with significant opportunity for growth and promotion. Team Members learn SAGE Standards and enhance their skill set through extensive training in food safety, allergen awareness, and preventing eating disorders.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years. We had four clients when we started, and we now serve approximately 275 independent schools and private colleges across North America. We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.