It's nice to meet you!
Thank you for your interest in join our company and our Lead Cook position we have available in Woburn, Massachusetts!
Who We Are:
We're NexDine, a specialty dining service provider experiencing explosive growth, recently named as one of the TOP 50 Food service management companies in the country!
We take pride in our food and strive to exceed customers expectations every day. Yes, we make great food but that's thanks to our amazing cafe staff who work hard to serve our customers all with a smile.
We work as a team and everyone contributes to the success of our cafe. We want our employees to get excited about making great food, but more importantly, keeping our customers satisfied and coming back for more! Breakfast and lunch are important meals after all! We want you to continue to learn new things and also teach others what you know so all can grow!
Who You Are:
You have prior Corporate Dining experience, you have high-energy, and you're a self-starter with a strong desire to learn and grow. You have a great attitude, you're enthusiastic, make great food, go above and beyond and you can work not just independently, but you're also a team player. You love food, being creative and making your customers happy! You have a very important role in our cafe, you’re the Lead Cook! You are relied upon each day and are always helpful, pleasant, punctual and dependable and you're the Chef's number one support person. If this is you, then we want to talk to you!
Position: Full-Time Lead Cook
Location: Woburn, Massachusetts
Schedule: Monday through Friday - NO nights or Weekends!
Hours: 6:00 AM – 2:30 PM
Hourly Pay Rate: $16.00 - $17.00
We provide our full-time team members a generous compensation and benefits package, training, opportunity, and support. We provide resources, rewards, and incentives to our valued employees.
- Weekly paycheck
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Company-paid life insurance
- Many supplemental insurances
- 401(k) savings plan
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Weekly Paycheck
- Plus various perks!
The Lead Cook reports to the Chef Manager and is responsible for developing and executing culinary results to exceed customer expectations. Oversight and supervision of culinary and staff, all service, production and presentation standards. The Lead Cook applies culinary techniques to food preparation and manages the final presentation and service of food.
Lead Cook Responsibilities:
- Assist the Chef with menu writing and cycle of cost control utilizing appropriate recipes and costing measures
- Prepare large quantities of food following standardized recipes within the required production schedule and sanitation standards
- Instruct, train and supervise cooks or other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing and presentation of food
- Responsible for the quality of all food products and ensure that standards are met, to include preparation of all foods and final presentation
- Assist in maintaining vendor relationships
- Assist Chef Manager with purchasing of food or other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation
- Manage client relationships to maintain client satisfaction
- Provide excellent customer service to include being attentive, approachable, greeting and thanking customers
- Dependable and able to meet schedule requirements (attendance and punctuality)
- In addition the Lead Cook will work with and take direction from the Chef Manager and will perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Lead Cook Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years' experience within in a similar role within a corporate dining setting
Lead Cook Preferred Education and Experience:
- Culinary School certificate or degree
- Microsoft Office Suite
Lead Cook Required Eligibility Qualifications:
- ServSafe Certification
- Allergen Awareness Certification (MA)
NexDine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law. NexDine participates in E-Verify.