Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Cary
Role Value Proposition:
The Lead COE Data Modeler provides enterprise-level consulting to the organization on the design, development and implementation of complex conceptual, logical, canonical and physical data models. The lead is responsible for authoring and promoting data design standards across the enterprise, ensure alignment between data modeling practices and business objectives and strategy and drives development of the Enterprise level view of MetLife’s data globally.
- Devise standards and processes and ensure standards are implemented effectively across the enterprise for both relational and NoSQL platforms.
- Trains and mentors team members and data professionals around the globe on the usage of data standards as well as concepts such as Master Data Management, Data Quality, Metadata management
- Visionary to communicate and implement architectural blue prints across the Global Enterprise.
- Manage complex designs across multiple team members to maximize the results across a group. Define and support Enterprise view of data through application of EDM design principles.
- Expert Knowledge in working with CA ERWIN CASE tool. Track tool issues and resolutions with the vendor, mentor team to maximize tool use.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 10+ years’ work experience in database design, including 5 years’ experience as a Data Modeler/Architect.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of conceptual, logical, canonical and physical database design concepts, some RDBMS as well as NoSQL platforms.
- Comprehensive operational, service and technical knowledge in multiple Information Technology disciplines with Expert level knowledge of their unit’s processes and procedures.
- Expert oral and written communication skills and able to understand and work with all other groups to ensure quality service delivery to customers.
- Requires a comprehensive understanding of customer’s business practices, excellent analytical and investigative ability and the ability to negotiate and influence results without direct authority.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Expert level knowledge of the financial business.
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 110065