- Responsible foradvanced and predictive data analytics from complex and high value projectsusing big data and data science technology for healthcare innovation andoutcomes.
- Responsible for conducting complex statistical and algorithmic dataanalyses and development of technologies to improve the health of members. Weare looking to hire a highly creative Lead Data Scientist to lead dataanalytics challenges in our organization, collecting large volumes of data fromvarying sources, and working with Data Scientists to clean and interpret data,create solutions to overcome challenges and communicate with interestedparties.
- Build an environment across Data Scientists who are hungry to staying upto date on the latest technologies and practices.
- Set the standard of beingcurious in solving the most complex problems and leading the vision ofopportunities for improvements, working on a collaborative environment withother Leads, Developers, Product Managers and Experience Designers. Ability towork on a fast paced environment, balancing multiple initiatives.
- Design and develop analysis tools that extract, prepare, and analyze data andstore analytical results for downstream analysis and reporting for businessneeds
- Build key data sets to empower operational and exploratory analysis anddesigning and evaluating experiments monitoring key product metrics,understanding root causes of changes in metrics
- Develop tools to convert unstructured data to partially or fully structuredrepresentations as well as process large sets of data to derive statisticalinformation.
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation ofdata to understand how users interact with business products
Develop of mathematical and statistical models for distinguishing relevant fromirrelevant content or events.
- Participate in developing presentations and communicate results of researchanalysis and findings.
- Participate in the design of automated, operational analytics processes toachieve scale and durability of analysis processes.
- Measure and validate the outcomes of health management programs using SAS, Rand other tools, to include provider data, claims data, membership data, etc.
- Coordinate analysis and development initiatives and capabilities with healthplans.
- Manage multiple projects as assigned and assist with training Data Analysts.
Responsible for development efforts with technical team liaisons, includinggathering business requirements, documentation, testing, delivery and useradoption, and communicate expectations to the Health Plan.
Education/Experience: Master’s degree inStatistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Informatics, Econometrics,Engineering, or Experimental Science or related degree and 8+ years ofexperience; or Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative discipline and 10+ years ofexperience in data science capabilities including data mining, predictivemodeling, machine learning, statistical modeling, large scale data acquisition,transformation, and cleaning structured and unstructured data. Ph.D. degree ina quantitative discipline preferred. Experience working with large databases,data verification and data management. Experience with database technologies,including Oracle, SAP, DB2, Teradata, MS SQL Server, SAP HANA, MySQL, etc. Datamodeling, data architecture, MDM, and data governance experience preferred.Project experience with Hadoop ecosystem preferred. Expert in machine learning and programming. High skilled inusing data visualization tools. Expert level with data querying languages, andstatistical or mathematical software. Highly skilled in writing algorithms, andknowing when to apply them. Excellent understanding of statistics,multi-variable calculus and linear algebra. Experience working with global,distributed, multi-cultural teams is a plus. Experience working in a heavilyregulated industry. Healthcare is a plus.
Preferred skills : Experience and familiarity withdesign, repository, story, and backlog management tools and resources, ideallywith Jira & Confluence
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.