Senior Data Scientist
Fivestars is America’s largest local commerce network, driving over $3 billion of sales and 100 million transactions annually. Our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship. We offer an all-in-one payments, loyalty and marketing automation platform that brings more customers to local businesses. Founded in 2011, Fivestars is backed by Lightspeed, DCM, Menlo Ventures, HarbourVest, and others. Together, let’s #LoveLocal.For more information visit:www.fivestars.com.
Who you are
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will serve as an analytics expert and use data and experiments to develop insights that will directly influence the product roadmap. You are a strong cross-functional team player who wants to contribute to a product that impacts the lives of business owners and consumers alike. You are flexible and enjoy working collaboratively in fast-paced environments.
What you’ll do
- Develop models and algorithms that deepen our understanding of user behavior & identify business opportunities for Fivestars
- Lead the design and development of A/B testing experiments from determining how they should be run and evaluating their impact on key company metrics
- Partner with product, engineering, and research and use your data insights to influence product roadmap development
- Mentor data scientists and analysts in the team and help them develop their technical knowledge, skills, judgment and ensure consistent delivery of high caliber output
- Collaborate with other members of the analytics team to design, build, maintain, and standardize analytics processes and systems
What we’re looking for
- Quantitative Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Operations Research or Engineering
- Minimum 3-5 relevant experience in analytics
- Strong expertise with data mining, statistical modeling techniques like experimentation, clustering, classification, regression, tree-based methods, neural nets, support vector machines, anomaly detection, and natural language processing
- Experience with a scripting language like Python or R
- Fluent in SQL andstrong experience building out dashboards in Tableau to help run the business
- Experimentation A/B testing, statistical/predictive analysis, causal inference experience required
- Experience building metric frameworks to understand user behaviors
- Strong track record of working with cross-functional teams to accomplish objectives and achieve highly impactful results
- Understanding of wider context and the business case behind questions and uses creative methods to drive results
Fivestars provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fivestars complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.