Country:United States of America
Location:HCT04: ISR Systems - Danbury 100 Wooster Heights Rd, Danbury, CT, 06810 USA
We at Mission Systems, a division of Collins Aerospace, are world leaders in high reliability, space based, electro-optical systems, providing intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance capabilities that are critical to our nation’s security. We have a fantastic opportunity for a LEAD DESIGNER/DRAFTER in our Danbury, CT facility, just one hour north of NYC.
We are seeking a LEAD/DESIGNER DRAFTER for our aerospace and defense facility in Danbury, CT to support our Mechanical Engineering Department. You will:
- Work with a lead Mechanical Engineer to review Statement of Work, Technical Specifications, Interface Control Drawings and Schedules
- Evaluate flowed-down requirements and develop an appropriate design concept. Take into consideration all functional areas simultaneously in a systematic way. Be responsible for the design of space-flight hardware and/or complex ground support equipment, tooling, etc.
- Produce new design models, assembly layouts, and drawings using CREO. Create Bills of Material and release all design documents using data management software (Windchill PDMLink)
- Be adept at the calculation and application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) controls per ASME Y14.5
- Perform revisions to current designs and complete all Engineering Change Notification workflows
- Present powerpoint design presentations to colleagues for peer review and critique
Education / Certifications
AA/AS degree, Technical/Business School Certificate or Diploma, Skilled Trades Apprenticeship, or other post high school training (two years duration) with Minimum 15 years required 3D Solid Modeling (CREO preferred).
Experience / Qualifications
- 15 years minimum required experience in Mechanical Design and Drafting with tolerance stack-up analysis and GD&T experience.
- 15 years minimum experience required with 3D-Solid Modeling and drawing tools (CREO preferred).
- Prefer hands-on experience with the assembly, manufacturing, and/or test of opto-mechanical and/or electro-mechanical hardware
CANDIDATE MUST BE A US CITIZEN AND MUST EITHER HOLD A CURRENT US DoD CLEARANCE OR BE ABLE TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN A CLEARANCE.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on thislinkto read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.