Our DevOps Engineers are responsible for supporting the Engineering organization to seamlessly deliver product releases at an accelerated pace with high quality. The team operates in a flexible agile model to manage the various on-premise and cloud environments ensuring the smooth operation of the delivery pipeline. The person in this role is expected to bring in-depth knowledge and experience in the DevOps space including expertise with Cloud technologies, CI/CD, Build and Release Management.
Key Responsibilities & Technologies
- Architect, Design and Build environments in the Cloud (primarily Azure) to host applications for internal and external consumption.
- Lead a Cloud migration initiative moving environments currently hosted in AWS to Azure.
- Leverage Azure technical knowledge to ensure the environments are built right using best practices such as Infrastructure as Code, Security, Tagging and high level of automation.
- Drive the transformation of cloud hosting from IaaS to PaaS and Serverless.
- Design & Develop an Azure DevOps pipeline to support a true CI/CD pipeline to enhance the value delivered to Engineering and Business.
- Manage and Support SCM, Build and Release processes.
- Manage and Support on-premise development environments.
- Provision and Manage Cloud environments (AWS, Azure).
- Execute Security scans such as Veracode and Black Duck.
- Collaborates with Engineering teams in an Agile environment to remove roadblocks and facilitate successful delivery of the work items.
- Proactively share knowledge on DevOps best practices, tools and emerging technologies.
- Identify Opportunities for automation and implement innovative solutions to drive efficiencies, simplicities and speed.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 6 years of experience as Developer/SysAdmin/DevOps engineer.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Cloud technologies with at least 2 years working with Azure.
- At least 3 years of experience implementing and supporting CI/CD.
- Experience with several open source automation tools (Git, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Ansible, Kubernetes, Docker etc).
- Experience with Programming languages such as Java, C#, C++, PHP, Ruby and Scripting languages such as Power shell, Python, Perl.
- Ability to perform Rapid fire coding and to write small snippets of code in a variety of languages.
- Ability to influence and provide technical direction to the members of the agile team.
- Proactive team player with the ability to work in a globally dynamic environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks/subprojects simultaneously, organizational skills
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required, computer science degree preferred.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America