1. Oversees the cafeteria operation to ensure that customers receive quality service and product.
2. Assigns specific tasks to cafeteria employees and ensures courteous service to cafeteria patrons.
3. Makes sure that coolers, paper goods, and food items are completely stocked.
4. Rearranges the assigned duties of employees in the absence of the manager to cover unforeseen situations, such as sick calls or tardiness.
5. Helps to maintain the sanitation of the cafeteria.
6. Ensures that the dining areas are properly maintained throughout meal times.
7. Participates in the planning and execution of cafeteria specials.
8. Assists the cash operations manager with any other tasks that are necessary to ensure proper operation of the cafeteria.
1. Ability to read, write, and perform basic arithmetic at a level normally acquired through the completion of high school or equivalent.
2. Experience as a cafeteria dietary aide or a cashier.
3. Strong interpersonal skills to deal effectively with staff, manager, and patrons.
4. Some lifting and moving products.