The purpose of this position is to provide personalized supports to ensure supported individuals' safety and health is maintained and they can experience the nature and quality of life of their choice based on their needs, preferences, aspirations, and decisions consistent with program guidelines, policies & procedures. Direct personalized supports include basic living skills, communication, community interaction, and recreation. Additional responsibilities include maintaining a clean, safe, stimulating living environment, providing transportation, and supporting individuals to become active members of their community. Service provisions focus on maintaining or enhancing the individual's dignity, well-being, autonomy, personal choice, self-esteem and teaching functional skills that are alternatives to maladaptive behavior.
As the Lead this position provides assistance to the Program Manager/Supervisor in forming and supervising the program to provide a learning environment for individual to achieve the maximum possible individual growth; performs the duties of a Lead Direct Support Professional while scheduled and performing the duties of a Direct Support Professional.
This role is specifically intended to provide direct support to the Washington supported living program. "Supported living" means instruction, supports, and services provided by service providers to clients living in homes that are owned, rented, or leased by the client or their legal representative. This role falls into the category of client services which means instruction and support services that service providers are responsible to provide as identified in the client's individual support plan. "Individual instruction and support plan" means a plan developed by the service provider and the client.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* High School Diploma or GED required (Exception: ICF program).
* 1 year of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities or a Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year college or university in psychology, special education, social work, rehabilitation or a related field highly preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Effective communication and interpersonal skills are needed. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Must have the ability to satisfy a background check and comply with the company's drug free workplace policy.
* Must possess a good driving record, provide proof of current driver's license and insurance if program/job position requires.
* Must secure and maintain First Aid and CPR certification within 30 days.
* Must be eighteen years of age or older. Some programs/job positions require 21 years or age.
* Demonstrated competency with skills and abilities to work successfully with the challenging behaviors of supported individual in care.
* Demonstrated competency in basic knowledge of daily living skills, communication, community interaction and recreation.
* Demonstrated capacity to be an appropriate role model, including exhibiting mature behavior and making appropriate decisions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS: Include the following & other duties may be assigned.
* Monitor or provide assistance and/or instruction to individual with dressing, grooming, toileting, bathing, eating and sleep habits as needed.
* Assist with wheelchair use, including pushing, folding / unfolding, and loading into autos or vans.
* Assist individuals with physical therapy exercises.
* Prepare, provide instruction and/or assist in preparing nutritious meals that reflect individual preferences. Assist with meal planning, shopping, and safe food storage.
* Operate household appliances, including vacuum cleaner, washer/dryer, and other mechanical or manual devices.
* Perform normal household cleaning, including sweeping, mopping, dusting, scrubbing, and washing dishes.
* Accompany individuals into the community and assist with involvement in activities and interaction with the public.
* Provide transportation to individuals using public transportation, company-provided vehicles, or, if approved, personal vehicle.
* Check and assure all documentation is accurate and completed in a timely manner, including but not limited to program data, behavior data, incident/accident reports, investigation forms, vehicle mileage logs, release of responsibility individual financials.
* Participate in the formulation and implementation of individual treatment plans including data collection, report writing participation in treatment team meeting and carrying out treatment team recommendations.
* Ensure strategies identified in the Service Plan (ISP, treatment plan), are followed by providing support to individual's participation in preferred activities and goals.
* Provide individual with formal / informal training to increase competence, self-reliance, power, choice, and independence.
* Promote growth and achieve habilitation with primary program emphasis on self-help skills, communication skills, perceptual motor skills, social/recreational skills, domestic skills, community living skills, and behavior management.
* Follow established formal behavior support plans and guidelines for positive behavior support programs as outlined.
* Assist in developing positive behavior supports by providing feedback about individual's preferences.
* Accompany individuals on community activities and provide informal training in appropriate social behaviors.
* Support individuals' participation in cultural, recreational, and educational activities both at home and in the community.
* Communicate and collaborate with family members, other service professional and agencies in accordance with the treatment plan to provide continuity of approach, to increase the probability of attainment of objectives, and an integrated program that meet the individual's needs.
Lead DSP Duties
* Assist the Direct Support Professionals with the detailed and professional execution of all service and quality requirements; assist staff with the coordination of schedules and time management.
* Assists staff and/or Program Supervisor regarding overall delivery of services to designated individuals in caseload by contributing to positive behavior support plans. Train new staff on program routines, individual plans, including individual's preferences, and other job responsibilities within the program.
* Act according to the guidelines of program and operations manual, program guidelines, company policies & procedures and the employee handbook. Maintain working knowledge of these documents by reviewing them at least once a year. Assist staff with understanding and adherence of these directives by providing coaching and/or communication to others as appropriate.
* Coordinate with the Program Supervisor to complete all required reports and documentation accurately in a timely manner.
* Track the completion of required reports and materials and provides guidance to DSP's regarding deadlines.
* Support the scheduling of assessments and quarterly meetings.
* Ensure Safety/Support and Basic Needs are conducted monthly and that any deficiencies noted are corrected.
* Promote team work among staff working in home. Ensure announcements and other communications are shared with all team members, promote effective communication between team members, assist in scheduling and conducting staff and safety meetings.
* Resolve conflicts between staff and staff and/or conflicts between individuals and staff. Communicate unresolved issues or concerns, and, when necessary, refer staff to Program Supervisor as appropriate.
* Serves as point of contact for office operations and administrative functions. Coordinate work flow to office.
* Serve as onsite technical resource, trainer and coach for team members in program.
* May coordinate staff scheduling, time and attendance reporting, benefits, administrative and employment documents.
* Provide input to Program Supervisor regarding staff hiring, training, development, performance management. etc.
* Assure exceptional customer service by responding to customer issues and concerns, irregular situations, and other service needs.
* Assist the Program Supervisor with the development of workplace accommodations/modifications.
Positive Working Environment
* Respect and honor diversity (race, religion, marital status, age, sexual orientation, color, creed, national origin, and abilities.)
* Maintain respectful relationships which recognize individual's rights as a citizen and promotes their dignity, well-being, personal choice, and self-esteem.
* Treat all co-workers with respect and in a manner that will promote teamwork, productivity and a positive working environment.
* Work collaboratively with others to accomplish goals and/or assigned tasks.
* Meet expected outcomes or let supervisor know of any needed direction, support or resources to ensure attainment of expected outcomes.
* Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
* Participate fully, positively and productively in team meetings to assist in achieving the desired outcomes of the meeting.
* Inform team members of important information that will assist in providing quality supports to the department.
* Follow dress code guidelines to provide an appropriate role model and to represent quality services.
* Act according to the guidelines of the company policies & procedures and the employee handbook. Maintain working knowledge of these documents by reviewing them at least once a year.
* Stay calm in challenging situations, maintains positive attitude, and serves as a role model for individuals served and employees.
Growth & Development
* Complete Basic Orientation and attend other in-service training as recommended and/or required.
* Set and achieve performance and development goals as scheduled through the Annual Employee Assessment and Quarterly Review process.
* Complete and remain current in First Aid, CPR, Therapeutic Options, Infection Control and Bloodborne Pathogens Training.
Safety and Health
* Ensure each individuals living environment is safe and sanitary. Provide support services as needed to maintain clean, attractive homes.
* Ensure individuals are free from abuse, mistreatment and/or neglect and complete all necessary mandated reports.
* Respond effectively to emergencies and illnesses. Follow procedures and notify supervisor as required.
* Monitor health needs, including medications, special diets, and notify supervisor of any outstanding needs.
* Provide assistance to individuals to ensure they receive medications as prescribed, as required. Make consistent and accurate medication passes, following all policy and procedures for medication passes.
* Provide individuals with adequate supervision that is appropriate to their needs during work hours.
* Provide Lift and Transfer assistance (may include non-ambulatory individuals) requiring ability to bear and maneuver up to 50 or more pounds of unbalanced weight.
* Notify supervisor of any needed repairs or other concerns.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
PHYSICAL, SENSORY & ENVIRONMENTAL:
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Frequently required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb/balance, stoop, kneel or crouch.
* Often required to sit for long periods of time, use hands and fingers to handle.
* Frequently required to talk and hear. Quiet to moderate noise level in work environment.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
* Must be able to lift and/or transfer a minimum of 50 pounds.
I hereby acknowledge that I have read and understand the above job description for my position. I further acknowledge that I am medically and emotionally capable of performing assigned tasks, with, if necessary, reasonable accommodation. I also understand that Embassy Management reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this Job Description in any way the company desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains "At Will".
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled