Talascend is currently seeking a Lead Electrical Technician for a contract opportunity located in Broomfield, CO.
- Responsible for setting up, checking, and correcting operational and experimental electrical machinery, circuitry, and equipment while adhering to pre-established guidelines and engineering specifications.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Works under limited supervision.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Requires a high school degree or its equivalent with at least 6-8 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Demonstrated experience building/maintaining either electronic systems, or vacuum/cryogenic systems.
- Advanced Degree in Electronics Technology or equivalent.
- Test instrumentation, data acquisition, and programming with Labview.
- Experience with circuit design, board layout, and electronics assembly experience.
- Critical thinking acumen in planning and executing experiments.
- Ability to create written test procedures and test reports.
- Experience working from assembly drawings, schematics, wiring diagrams, engineering, interface drawings, sketches and other written, visual and oral instructions.
- Demonstrated experience in the construction, and/or operation of electromagnetic electronics, equipment, and apparatus.
- Experience with making rapid prototypes of test fixtures, mechanical assemblies, wiring assemblies, or tooling as needed. Good soldering skills.
- Operation, support, and service experience with wet or dry cryogenic systems, ultra-high vacuum environments, macompressor pumps, or superconducting magnets.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Sound technical judgment and opinions.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively with other individuals in a team or project setting.
- Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by events.
- Ability to consistently make timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those qualified individuals who closely meet the qualifications of this position will be contacted. The details of the position are only a summary; other duties may be assigned as necessary. Background Check and Drug Screen may be required for this position.
If you are interested in other positions with Talascend, please visit our website at www.talascend.com.  ;
Talascend is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.
Electrical Engineering Technician