When you join Hines, you will work alongside innovative leaders who set the standards responsible for our reputation as an industry leader today, and you’ll be a part of shaping our future in the years to come.
As a Lead Engineer with Hines, you will operate and maintain all building systems, troubleshoot operations failures and re-establish building services; act as building systems expert in recognizing deficiencies in current systems, and understand and explain the impact of implementing changes to current systems or installation of new systems. You will also lead a crew in day-to-day operations and maintenance responsibilities, including scheduling personnel and tracking/reporting budgeted and unbudgeted expenses. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform general maintenance and repairs on all mechanical, electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems including, but not limited to pumps, chillers, boilers, air compressors and air handling units.
- Maintain operation logs and files, where appropriate, to include, but not limited to: central plant operations, chemical consumption logs and other equipment or operation inspection logs specific to the property.
- Apply well developed knowledge and skills in HVAC distribution and controls in order to make adjustments and/or corrective actions to resolve work orders.
- Maintain ethical, professional and courteous relations with contractors and tenants.
- Establish and maintain a cooperative working relationship with the entire operation staff and perform as a team member.
- Demonstrate full competency in all current Hines and property emergency procedures including but not limited to:
- Assist with directing building occupants with evacuations
- Assist with bomb searches
- Assist with life safety system alarms
- Assist emergency authorities and response teams
- Adhere to all Hines and property policies and procedures and perform all duties in a safe manner and help ensure compliance with city, state and federal safety and environmental laws, codes, standards and regulations.
- Apply knowledge of how each of the components in the building systems relates operationally to one another and modify and/or install new system(s) as needed
- Identify potential causes for failure of a system(s) and prioritize repair process
- Assist with long-term strategic planning for the property, including budgeting and long-range forecasting.
- Support the Maintenance staff with any needs they may have on a day-to-day basis. Included but not limited to, Lighting, Electrical, Plumbing, Mechanical, Décor, Events, etc.
- Maintain cleanliness of the shop by leading by example and training subordinate staff.
Minimum Requirements include:
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Three or more years experience as a Building Engineer or equivalent facilities technical trade
Hines is a privately owned global real estate investment firm founded in 1957 with a presence in 214 cities in 24 countries. Hines has approximately $120.6 billion of assets under management, including $66.5 billion for which Hines provides fiduciary investment management services, and $54.1 billion for which Hines provides third-party property-level services. The firm has 128 developments currently underway around the world. Historically, Hines has developed, redeveloped or acquired 1,348 properties, totaling over 444 million square feet. The firm’s current property and asset management portfolio includes 512 properties, representing over 223 million square feet. With extensive experience in investments across the risk spectrum and all property types, and a pioneering commitment to sustainability, Hines is one of the largest and most-respected real estate organizations in the world. Visit www.hines.com for more information.
We are an equal opportunity employer and support workforce diversity.
No calls or emails from third parties at this time please.