LEAD ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
The Ogden Plant is seeking an Electrical Engineer to work on the engineering team in the position of Lead Engineer - Electrical. Assignments can vary from capital projects, production asset support and plant systems support. A minimum of 5 years of engineering experience at both a KC Staff and manufacturing facility is desired, but not required.
Plant Leadership, Project Leaders, Engineering, Research, Operations, Maintenance, Distribution and Consumers
Expectations and Accountabilities:
- Align with organization (Staff, Plant, and Platform) objectives and performance metrics. Work as a team member to achieve those objectives.
- Lead or work with cross functional teams to develop and implement equipment/process improvement projects and/or solutions using both simple (4SPS) and complex (6-sigma) problem solving techniques.
- Lead or support plant driven equipment and process improvement projects from conception through commercialization.
- Develop knowledge and skills in application of engineering principles, scientific analysis, and project management.
- Develop knowledge and skills to apply Lean Manufacturing principles (visual management, standard work, etc.) to all aspect of the work.
- Work with Staff and other KC facilities world-wide to share ideas and increase technical efficiency using change management best practices.
- Document changes made using CAD and the KC drawing management system.
- A Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or a related field
- 3 to 5 years of experience at both a K-C Staff and manufacturing facility is desired but not required
- Ability to work with others on a team
- Strong communication skills
- Strong desire to learn
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to learn and adapt to new situations quickly
- Goal oriented
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to work independently.
- Customer service attitude – recognizes who the customer is
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Windows Operating System and Microsoft Windows Office Suite
Discipline Specific Technical Knowledge and Skills
While it is important that engineers gain experience in all areas listed for their function below, those skills in bold lettering are considered to be key to this position.
Control systems, closed loop control (PID Control)
Servo motors, controllers and software
Variable speed motors and controllers
PLC programming and troubleshooting
Human Machine Interfaces
Data collection, reporting, and analysis
High-speed converting and packaging equipment
Plant electrical power distribution systems
Electrical hardware design
Problem identification, problem solving methodology
K-C design standards
Project management and control
Product attributes / quality
Corporation policies and procedures
Business unit communications / partnering
Role of other K-C functions/interactions
Commercial equipment availability
Current industry trade knowledge
Laws and government regulations
Awareness of international business/equipment
Estimating dollars and people
Maintenance Systems - SAP, predictive/preventive maintenance practices
K-C appropriation and budget system
Engineering work systems: computers, CAD
Direct Reports: None
Budget: Capital: Up to $1,000,000
Expense: Up to $20,000
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
For Kimberly-Clark to grow and prosper, we must be an inclusive organization that applies the diverse experiences and passions of its team members to brands that make life better for people all around the world. We actively seek to build a workforce that reflects the experiences of our consumers. When you bring your original thinking to Kimberly-Clark, you fuel the continued success of our enterprise. We are a committed equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
This position may require a post-offer/pre-hire Physical Abilities Test (PAT) to confirm that individuals are able to perform the essential functions of the job.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship. This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:K-C will support in-country relocation for the chosen candidate for the role, including assistance to obtain proper work authorization. The benefits provided will be per the terms of K-C’s applicable mobility policies. The benefits/policy provided will decided in K-C’s sole discretion.
This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.