The Lead Financial Analyst is responsible for direction of widely scoped projects, complex modeling (developing forecasts, budgets and multi-year plans), analyzing and reporting financial and operational results, developing and evaluating business cases, and capital planning activities. This role involves frequent supervision over others as the Lead Financial Analyst provides guidance to the Financial Analyst and Senior Financial Analyst. This role involves frequent collaboration with other departments and executive leadership.
- Oversees preparation of annual plan/budget(s), forecast(s) and multi-year plans taking into account changes in tactical and strategic plans, operations, contracts, trends, etc.; Leads analytics.
- Directs analyses to identify, analyze and track trends that impact financial performance (e.g. new/changed product offerings, utilization and operations); Identifies/Leads major analytical efforts where financial performance is inadequate; Presents actionable solutions to executive leadership.
- Provides financial/analytical support to key constituents throughout the organization; Coordinates activities with Program Office and other regions.
- Leads preparation of business cases including financial, operation and economic analysis; Identify and evaluate investments using internal rate of return, discounted cash flow, net present value, payback, sensitivity and breakeven analysis; Leads management review process and makes formal recommendation.
- Leads analytical team's review (6 months to 2 years post implementation) of major projects to assess progress towards achieving stated results; Works with key constituents to identify corrective actions, if necessary; Present findings to management.
- Minimum six (6) years of financial analytical experience.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
License, Certification, Registration
- Knowledge of insurance industry and/or health care industry.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g., Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent problem solving skills and teamwork abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Must be a self starter and have excellent follow through skills.
- Ability to handle changing priorities.
- Detail oriented.
- Master's-level degree preferred.
- CPA, CMA, CFA, or other financial certification preferred.
- Literacy of SQL, OLAP cubes, or other relational/hierarchical database tools preferred.