This position is for a Sr Java Cloud Services Engineer who will help us design and develop our next generation airline services platform. We are building a globally deployed platform for our customers using some best-in-class, open-source code such as Spring Cloud Netflix and leveraging features such as Archaius, Hystrix, Zuul and others.
We have a progressive, forward thinking DevOps team and believe in developer empowerment. As a developer you will have access and capability to deploy your code into production on your own terms using leading edge tooling with Netflix Spinnaker and our recently open-sourced, Foremast, enabling single click deploys.
This role requires strong Java skills and a solid understanding of building and deploying micro-services and will design and develop globally deployed Cloud based micro-services solutions with high availability.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- 8+ years of in-depth development experience with Java.
- Experience working with AWS, or a similar cloud platform.
- Experience building highly scalable distributed systems.
- Web Services, Web APIs, and micro-services.
- Solid experience with SQL and NoSQL based solutions.
Bonus Skills & Experience:
- Reactive programming - RxJava, Akka Play.
- AWS deployments
- Experience working in a DevOps environment with continuous deployments.
- Functional programming
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178