Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
The night-shift Lead Forklift Driver is responsible for assisting the Warehouse Team Leader and directing the work of the finished goods material handlers.
- Supervision of the Finished Goods Material Handlers on their shift.
- Verifies adherence to all procedures within Safety, Corporate/site Quality, standard operations and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintains and adheres to work instructions for verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling/disposition of finished goods and inventory accuracy.
- Provides for movement and storage of all finished product.
- Establishes, maintains and utilizes modified FIFO inventory at all storage locations.
- Responsible for transaction accuracy, product scanning, finished goods inventory and process reliability.
- Transfer of finished goods from transfer trailers to designated storage locations.
- Document all shipments, both inbound and outbound.
- Responsible for developing and implementing work instructions as per the ISO standard.
- Maintains communication between shifts, teams and departments as necessary to execute business processes.
- Ensures proper staffing to meet daily requirements.
- Provides instruction to shuttle drivers regarding transfers to outside warehouses.
- Coordination of objectives/initiatives with other departments/teams such as conversion, administration, quality, sales, purchasing, scheduling and delivery.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Must be able to work Night Shifts.
- At least two years (or more) of warehouse experience.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Good computer skills, working with Windows based programs.
- Ability to build an effective work team utilizing good leadership traits in a professional manner.
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical and dental insurance (includes a vision discount program).
- Company paid life insurance and disability.
- Paid vacation and holidays.
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match.
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account.
- Referral bonus program.