Requisition ID: 34551
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Respect, integrity, diversity and inclusion, teamwork and the spirit of winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it's like to be part of the world's leading major home appliance company.
Whirlpool is seeking a Lead Industrial Controls Engineer to join our Manufacturing team in Findlay, OH. This position will play a key role in the overall success of the organization by planning, managing, and monitoring engineering functions; overseeing various engineering projects, processes, budgets, and timelines and making any necessary adjustments in order to ensure successful completion. The role will also supervise or exercise technical direction over other engineers or engineering support personnel with specific engineering objectives.
- Serve as an engineering leader and technical expert for engineering function.
- Hire, train, and supervise engineering staff members.
- Monitor and determine various staffing and training needs.
- Propose and oversee budgets and timelines for engineering projects.
- Proven ability to work cross functionally to align key stakeholders on project objectives.
- Prepare and deliver various engineering-related presentations, both internally and externally.
- Manages, develops, and executes automation and controls projects including new, replacement, operations improvements, and periodic repair.
- Utilizes best practices, industrial standards, and common systems to support the overall competitive World Class Manufacturing initiative.
- Investigates systems and equipment problems and provides technical input and hands on execution of corrective action in problem resolution in a high volume continuous flow manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- 3 + years' experience leading technical professionals
- 5 + years' experience in large-scale/capital project management
- Master's / MBA
- WCM methods and tools use a plus
- Electrical, Controls, or Computer engineering background
- System/Solution architect experience
- Experience with advanced manufacturing technology
- Agile/Scrum methodology experience
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world's leading major home appliance company, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 92,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2017. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
At Whirlpool Corporation, we believe that all people matter. Celebrating diversity and including thousands of perspectives empower us to create products that blend into every concept of home. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Additional information about the company can be found on Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.
Nearest Major Market: Lima
Nearest Secondary Market: Findlay
Job Segment: Industrial, Controls Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Industrial Engineer, Engineer, Manufacturing, Engineering