Purpose of Job"We are currently seeking talented Information Governance Advisor Lead for our San Antonio, TX facility.
Provides strategic vision, establishes key indicators and streamlines activities that ensures the department is adhering to the internal Information Governance Policy, Standards and Controls. Responsible for aligning and executing department priorities, processes, and procedures to the Enterprise.
Provides governance, quality, integrity and timeliness of operational data for the enterprise. Establishes and enforces enterprise data policies, standards, practices and processes according to best practices. Monitors the use of data to ensure careful control and effective use to achieve enterprise objectives. Leads, motivates and facilitates cross-functional teams in the development of information and data governance initiatives. Directs the development of strategies, policies, principles, procedures, standards and metrics. Serves as a coach and mentor; and provides guidance to cross-functional team members to ensure success in achieving business objectives.
- Provides strategic partnership to anticipate opportunities for information/data management governance activities and projects.
- Influences implementation of information governance and best practices, tools and associated processes across the enterprise.
- Influences/drives business awareness of information/data governance through work activities to include awareness forums.
- Authors information governance guidelines, principles, policies, and standards for information / data stewards, stakeholders, and development teams.
- Orchestrates audits of information governance capabilities through subject matter experts.
- Develops prioritization methods for and implementation plans for information governance initiatives.
- Responsible for acquiring and applying expert knowledge of various lines of the business, channels, and their applications and processes to include providing advice on satisfying regulatory requirements related to information governance and management.
- Leads the assessment and coordination of information governance training requirements and learning objectives for the enterprise.
- Prepares formal reports and presentations of findings and recommendations; presents findings to various levels of leadership.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Architecture, Information Management, Information Studies or a related technical field OR 4 years work experience in information governance, information management or information architecture in addition to the minimum years of work experience or A Master's Degree in Information Architecture, Information Management, Information Studies or a related technical field Or A PhD in Information Architecture, Information Management, Information Studies or a related technical field
- Bachelor's degree and 8 or more years experience in Information or Data related practices to include: information governance, information management, information architecture, IT, analysis and reporting Or a Master's degree and 6 or more years experience in Information or Data related practices to include: information governance, information management, information architecture, IT, analysis and reporting Or a PhD and 5 or more years experience in Information or Data related practices to include: information governance, information management, information architecture, IT, analysis and reporting expert knowledge of industry information/data governance best practices
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Execute run the business activities through a scaled agile framework
- Advanced Data Governance knowledge, Data Stewardship and Data Analytics
- Strong external industry knowledge (financial services and operational data)
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidatesto apply to the opening is 1/14/18 by 11:59 pm CST time.