Our Lead Technician-Infrastructure will lead and perform skilled infrastructure/structured cabling work in the installation, service and maintenance, repair and alteration of low voltage category cabling, fiber optic cabling, communications cabling and other various low voltage cabling systems. Complete physical installations and removal of structured cabling components, cabinets, pathway systems (cable tray), move equipment, route furniture, rack/stack, and related communications infrastructure materials.
This position requires a professional appearance & attitude toward customer/contractors
Proven ability to lead & mentor a team of 2-8 technicians
Clear written/verbal communications
Standard Business hours; full time; OT as needed
Sporadically need to be comfortable with 4-5 hours travel and being away from home for a up to 1 week.
Candidates should reside in or around San Francisco, CA Responsibilities:
Qualifications:Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Perform installation and service of low voltage category cabling, fiber optic cabling, communications cabling, communication equipment and other various low voltage related systems such as Category 3, Category 5, Enhanced Category 5, Category 6 and Fiber Optic Structured Cable Distribution Systems.
- Evaluate, diagnose, troubleshoot cabling infrastructure systems and perform repairs as necessary.
- Perform upgrades and additions to cabling infrastructure systems in order to increase functionality and usability.
- Build out MDF/IDF rooms; install 2 & 4 post data racks
- Coordinate with other Team Members within North American Commercial Services (NACS) Operations for the purpose of completing projects/work orders efficiently.
- Inform operations management regarding procedures and/or status of work orders for the purpose of providing necessary information for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying with OSHA regulations.
- Complete required documentation in a variety of written and electronic formats according to company standards such as time reporting for billing & payroll, work order progress & completion, time and materials for client SLAs, etc.
- Request equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of required items, as required.
- Respond to emergency situations during or after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate client concerns and meet SLAs.
- Transport a variety of items (e.g. tools, equipment, supplies, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at client site.
- Attend meetings, workshops, training, and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Achieve performance targets established by leadership for applicable Key Performance Indicators.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Accountability - Demonstrates an understanding of the link between one's own job responsibilities and overall organizational goals and needs, and performs one's job with the broader goals in mind. Looks beyond the requirements of one's own job to offer suggestions for improvements of overall organization operations. Takes personal ownership in organization's success.
- Attention to Detail - Thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently. Provides accurate, consistent numbers on all paperwork. Provides information on a timely basis and in a usable form to others who need to act on it.
- Customer Focus - Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers' needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer. Considers the impact on the external customer when taking action, setting policies or carrying out one's own job tasks. Looks for external trends that are likely to shape the wants and needs of customers in the near future. Looks for creative approaches to providing or improving services that may increase efficiency and decrease cost.
- Results Focused - Demonstrates concern for achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard of excellence, shows a passion for improving the delivery of services with a commitment to continuous improvement. Sets and maintains high performance standards for self and others that support organization's strategic plan.
- Work Quality - Provides high quality services, processes, programs and products while consistently seeking ways to improve outcomes and enhance service. Takes a problem-solving approach when faced with challenging or difficult situations. Work is thorough, timely and reflects follow-through to completion. Responds to requests in a conscientious and timely fashion.
- High School / GED or equivalent required. Associate degree or Certification in a technology services/technical discipline, or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years' experienceleading& performing the installing, servicing, and maintaining low voltage cable infrastructure systems such as Category 3, Category 5, Enhanced Category 5, Category 6 and Fiber Optic Structured Cable Distribution Systems.
- Proven ability to install, terminate & test low voltage cables & fiber optical cables to include twisted pair cable, coax, power limited tray cable, stranded & solid conductor low voltage cable, single mode & multi-mode fiber optical cables using SC, LC unicam and epoxy connectors; fusion splicing.
- Industry and manufacturer specific experience and/or certifications preferred (examples: BICSI, Panduit, Commscope, Company, Corning, Leviton, Ortronics, AV, Fiber Optic, Paging, etc).
- Ability to read blue prints
- Comprehension of terminology pertaining to installation & service of cabling infrastructure for telecom, data, security & wireless systems.
- Working knowledge of industry standards including BICSI, ANSI, EIA/TIA, and local and National Electric Code.
- When required, healthcare specific certifications and experience (examples: infectious control, safety, bloodborne pathogens certifications, etc.)
- Comprehension of publications pertaining to standard cabling for telecom, data, security & wireless systems practices, engineering & Federal, State & local safety standards.
- Strong customer/client service orientation with effective communication and interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy.
- Mechanical aptitude with the ability to read blueprints, architectural, mechanical, and electrical documents.
- Proven skills in reliability and dependability demonstrated through completing tasks on time and with minimal supervision, punctual and present for work, informing appropriate individuals when work will not be completed in agreed upon time frame.
- Valid driver's license and ability to safely drive company vehicles.
- Heavy Work: May frequently exert force equivalent to lifting up to approximately 50 pounds and/or occasionally exert force equivalent to lifting up to approximately 100 pounds.
- Vision: Requires the ability to perceive the nature of objects by the eye.
- Near Acuity: Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less.
- Midrange: Clarity of vision at distances of more than 20 inches and less than 20 feet.
- Far Acuity: Clarity of vision at 20 feet or more.
- Peripheral: Ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point.
- Depth Perception: Three-dimensional vision. Ability to judge distances and spatial relationships so as to see objects where and as they actually are.
- Ability to adjust focus: Ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus.
- Color Vision: Ability to identify colors.
- Speaking/Hearing: Possesses the ability to give and receive information through speaking and listening skills.
- Motor Coordination: While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The incumbent is frequently required to stand; and walk. The incumbent is occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or bend.