At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Directly supports the Service organization by supervising the designers producing training programs in addition to the direct design and production of training programs. These include but are not limited to self-paced interactive multi-media programs such as Web-based, E-Learning and Blended programs, including programs to facilitate training, product introductions and distance learning applications. The Instructional Lead will schedule all projects for the team, lead continuous improvement projects as needed to maintain best in class program for both our Customers and the Service organization. The Instructional Lead is responsible for developing the technical acumen of the Instructional Designers to ensure performance to expectations. This position will be the primary liaison between Service Training and Service Management teams utilizing Instructional System Design (ISD) methodologies to create best in class solutions for our customers training needs. Responsible for leading the Developer staff to ensure program timelines are managed effectively. Responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining standard work and visual management for the Developer Staff.
Leading Others (60%)
- Leads and manages work performed by Instructional Designers and projects, sets and tracks all project timelines.
- Provides oversight, sets priorities and escalates issues as needed to ensure effective, quality work is performed and delivered.
- Provides input to performance management of instructional designers and may provide individual coaching and follow up actions as directed.
- Assesses and improves the technical acumen of training department staff; develop and maintain a collection of professional development resources on topics related to best practices in learning and development.
- Conducts periodic reviews of teams learning materials and utilizes learner feedback and best practices to assess quality and business & learning outcomes are being achieved have been met for all team
Duties - cont'd
Driving Training Results and Outcomes (40%)
- Performs instructional design work and development of both blended and self-paced interactive programs.
- Leads improvement projects to drive better design of course content (including simulations, augmented reality and blended solutions) and learner instructions for courses.
- Lead teams in the creation, and continuous improvement of standard work related to the design of training solutions, including assuming ownership for Service Strategy outcomes related to training deliverables
- Provides input to and assumes accountability for setting and tracking all project timelines for both internal and third-party projects.
- Design and develop materials to support both facilitators and participants in instructor-led and blended training programs taking account of adult learning principles.
- Partners closely with Training leadership to provide insights and data to advance and achieve training strategy and outcomes.
- Consults with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to identify job tasks and knowledge/performance gaps.
- Assumes oversight and accountability for vendor agreement outcomes with support of Senior Manager
- Assists and supports development of talent strategy and design work
- Recommend designs and develop creative learning solutions that include, but are not limited to, classroom training, eLearning and blended learning solutions.
- Assists in the development of processes and tools to improve the effectiveness of training solutions
- Bachelor’s degree and 6 years’ experience in multi-media authoring/production.
- At least 4 years’ experience in the leading team and projects for the creation of programs involving the maintenance and repair of electrical, mechanical or electronic equipment required.
- Demonstrated expertise in media development.
- Experience administering Learning Management Systems (LMS).
- Demonstrated ability to lead team of Instructional developers
- Expertise in guiding the development of Instructional System Design methodologies to other designers.
- Must have strong ability to lead peers and consult with management of all levels.
- Demonstrated ability and experience with leading cross-functional teams with other departments to determine the best performance solutions for other departments developmental needs
STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.