Want to work for a company that is reimagining distribution? Join Univar Solutions, the premier global distributor of chemicals and ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of our customers’ teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of business success.
At Univar Solutions, we’re building on our more than 90 years of experience and drawing on deep resources – inventory and logistics experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and marketers-to deliver consultative services and an unmatched portfolio to solve customers’ formulation and operational challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you’ll play an important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and ingredients.
Primary Purpose: (Houston)
The position is responsible for facilitating the organization’s global risk management approach by leading or participating in audit projects in support of the annual audit plan and management’s requests. The Lead Senior IT Auditor takes the lead in executing all phases (planning, fieldwork, reporting, and follow-up) of Univar’s Technology Audit projects, including SOX IT General Control audits. Additionally, the Lead Senior IT Auditor participates in the execution of Univar’s SOX program.
Plan the objectives and scope of complex IT audit assignments, execute fieldwork, and conduct opening and closing meetings with department heads and senior management
Assist where and as needed in the execution of the SOX program, including walkthroughs, control testing, identify remediation procedures, and conduct risk assessments
Perform primary review of planning, fieldwork, and reporting deliverables executed by IT Audit Seniors
Partner with management and external audit to effectively communicate and resolve issues identified through audits and SOX program
Designs and evaluates IT controls as part of the company's SOX program
Work on special projects and management requests
Oversee IT Audit Seniors’ development of audit programs related to financial/SOX, application, and IT-related risks
Performs other related duties as required or requested
- Able to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls by assessing whether the controls are properly designed, implemented, and operating effectively. Able to develop effective and efficient recommendations to improve internal control
- Efficient with creating process flow charts, data flows, and other process documentation using the traditional tools (MS Visio, Word, and Excel)
- Previous experience with and knowledge of SAP a plus
- Prior experience with Sarbanes-Oxley programs IT general controls, including project work and program support, test of design, test of operating effectiveness, and remediation planning.
- Solid understanding of emerging trends and best practices in corporate governance over financial reporting and internal controls (COSO Framework & PCAOB Standards)
- Knowledge and experience working with MS Office Suite, with strong Excel skills
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, including international
- Foreign language fluency a plus, particularly Spanish
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years audit or technology experience (preferably with the Big 4 or national/regional firm and/or similar experience)
- CIA and/or CISA
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much more.