Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Lead IT Systems Engineer will work in a challenging, hands-on environment supporting the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and other specialized customers in support of National Cyber Protection System (NCPS) initiatives. The candidate will work seamlessly with the ISSM and other IT Security staff to create a holistic and fully integrated IT Security organization for the overarching Program.
The Main Responsibilities
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Available 24/7 for Network Outages and Maintenance window work.
- Must be available for rotating on-call and work after hours as needed.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen and hold an active Department of Defense TOPSECRET SCI clearance to be considered for this position.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to stay focused while managing multiple tasks concurrently.
- 5+ years of experience in Information Security, Information Assurance (IA), or Cyber Security programs.
- 5+ years of experience with system security concepts, system security assessments, threat and vulnerability management, penetration testing, vulnerability assessments, vulnerability mitigation, and/or implementing and managing penetration testing tools.
- 5+ years of experience in reporting status and recommendations for improvements to either federal government or commercial leadership.
- Deep understanding of Information Assurance frameworks and Federal information security requirements (e.g. ISO 27000 series, NIST 800-53 and 800-171, NIST RMF, NIST Cybersecurity Framework).
- Previous work experience with Department of Defense (DoD), Intelligence Community, or other government agency (e.g. DHS, DOE, Veterans Affairs, etc.).
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) or equivalent degrees or certifications.
- Demonstrate an understanding of balancing security risk, cost and delivery requirements.
- Strong technical skills and understanding of information systems, network protocols, firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, log management, network behavior analysis, vulnerability scan tools and processes.
- Ability to provide proactive status of assigned work and ability to estimate level of effort for future work.
- Strong critical thinking/analytical skills, creativity, and a proven drive for quality.
Requisition #: 238671
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.