Report to: Operations Manager
Research, plans, trains, executes and facilitates operational improvement programs in order to create a culture of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing that leads to associate empowerment, elimination of waste, and improvements in safety, quality, service and cost. Primary responsibility is for single manufacturing site and additional responsibility of up to 2 manufacturing sites. Lead KPO will provide oversight of business excellence practices and development of local KPO at each site.
ESSENTIAL DUTTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Foster a safety culture and the implementation of safety policies and training in compliance with the company safety program and OSHA regulations to eliminate work related injuries.
Partnering with local KPO(s), provide oversight and direction of business excellence practices collaboratively with sister plant(s) leadership teams.
Lead the career development of local KPO's at plants of responsibility
Lead Kaizen events and continuous improvement projects through cross-functional team facilitation and project management.
Identify opportunities for Kaizen events that provide quantifiable and sustainable results
Use lean manufacturing tools (e.g., value stream mapping, Kaizen, Charters, 5S, Gemba walks, LMS, root cause problem solving) to identify and develop solutions that drive operational improvement.
Act as primary liaison with steering committees. Network with other plant's KPOs to leverage programs designed to continually improve operations and eliminate waste.
Provide leadership by mentoring associates in the use of Lean tools, ensuring transfer of knowledge, and creating a culture of continuous improvement.
Develop and communicate metrics for measurement of continuous improvement; monitor and analyze quantitative and qualitative results related to initiatives on a continual basis.
Track, monitor, and report regularly on project status; monitor product and process improvement milestones to ensure on-time completion and sustainability.
Analyze, develop, ratify, implement, and standardize manufacturing best practices across the KPO and operations network.
Establish collaborative relationship with local plant management at all sites of responsibility
* Strong leadership skills (Inspire, Impact, Innovate and Communicate) Working Knowledge of federal, state and local health and safety regulations
* MS Office Suite (proficient)
* Strong written, oral, and analytical skills
* Problem identification and resolution skills
* Commitment to eliminating all forms of waste
* Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work without close supervision; ability to effectively handle multiple projects with track record of successful project completion. Competencies:
* Prepared to change priorities as necessary
* Consider information and evaluates possible courses of action and generates solutions to problems
* Manage goals and high quality work while maintaining a safe environment
* Institute a culture of continuous improvement for quality and efficiency
* Foster and promote an environment of collaboration
* Maintain motivation and enthusiasm through development to drive a high performance culture
* Develop good communication rapport
* Living SSB Mission and Core Values
Plant Managers and Supervisors, Kaizen project teams, Controller, HR Manager, Operations Support team, Quality and Engineering teams and plant associates.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
* 7 years' experience with minimum of 3 - 5 years in lean manufacturing environment
* Experience supervising and developing others
* Experience leading/facilitating multiple kaizen events/programs and/or key participant role in a large plant lean transformation initiative Certified Six Sigma Black or Green belt
JOB FACTORS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Work is primarily sedentary in nature with frequent walking of manufacturing plant and warehouse distribution environment.
Work involves exposure to usual hazards found in manufacturing environment with lifting of heavy and bulky products on an occasional basis.
Ability to work positively under pressure
Up to 20% travel
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties or responsibilities associated with the job. Other job-related duties may be assigned.
An Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer * Drug-Free Working Environment
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled