American Cruise Lines (ACL), the largest USA flagged cruise line in the United States, is looking to add multiple Lead Line Cooks to our shipboard team as we gear up for our 2021 season. ACL only operates within the USA. We have no more than 200 passenger vessels that create a one of a kind small ship experience. With newly constructed vessels being added to our fleet, we are now accepting applications for our culinary positions for our 2021 season!
Our Lead Line cooks are involved with the supervision of all aspects of food production including breakfast, lunch, and dinner. You assist the Executive Chef/Sous Chef with the preparation and service of “all” food related items that are produced in the galley in accordance to the menu matrix as well as any special requests, dietary needs and allergies throughout each meal period. We make it a top priority to offer a first-class dining experience at every meal. Exceptional cuisine is prepared by cooks who have extensive culinary credentials and training from some of the most prestigious culinary institutes. Using only the freshest ingredients, menus are inspired by regional and local specialties.
- Commitment to controlling inventory and minimalizing food waste by utilizing standardized recipes
- Ensures “all” special requests and allergies are acknowledged, prepared and served accordingly.
- Adheres to the strict food safety and sanitation policies within the galley.
- Provides gracious hospitality to the guests and crew alike while being safe, courteous, professional, and efficient.
- Adheres to all American Cruise Lines’ standards, Chefs Manual, standards and procedures
- Anticipate the needs of both guests and crew
- Assists in the production and service of all Crew meals
- Responsible for food safety, galley cleanliness, daily galley audits and logs which includes the completion of daily temperature log, refrigerator and freezer temperature logs, and cooling logs
- Respond quickly to guest requests and ensure follow through of service delivery
- Assist with breakfast, lunch, hors d’oeuvres and dinner preparation; as well as any special onboard events
- Work closely with the Executive Chef to ensure that the guests and crew receive the highest quality of food with proper presentation and timeliness are adhered to.
- Follow approved menus, standardized recipes, and food sanitation standards
- Work with the Executive Chef/Sous Chef to ensure food and hotel supplies are ordered and received in a timely manner
- Assist in orchestration of proper storage of deliveries in appropriate areas of the galley
- Comply FDA logs are completed on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Create positive crew experiences and a healthy work environment
- Maintain sanitation and cleanliness standards of the galley, storage rooms and galley crew rooms
- Supervision of the Back Porch, including but not limited to training, leading and directing to ensure the preparation and service of food items that are produced are in accordance to the menu as well as clean, stocked and organized at all times especially at the end of each day
- Responsible for supervising and assisting the Galley Stewards with various tasks throughout the day. Various tasks could include but are not limited to; removing trash, clutter and empty boxes from the galley; ware washing; organizing and cleaning; sweeping and mopping the deck floor; and cleaning and storing cleaned equipment and tableware.
- Associate’s degree in Culinary Arts or Hotel & Restaurant Management
- Minimum 3 years’ experience at a full-service restaurant, hotel, resort, or cruise ship
- Strong organizational skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Available to travel and work a flexible schedule including long days for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift at least 50# without struggle
- US Coast Guard regulated pre-employment drug test
- able to manage a team of three galley stewards during daily ware washing operations as well as effectively lead, direct, teach and guide and ensure the team is working efficiently throughout the day.
- ServSafe certified
Attributes for Success:
- Superior time management
- Pays attention to detail
- Multi Task
- Ability to solve problems
- Sense of urgency in all passenger, crew, and home office requests
- Positive attitude and receptive to continuous performance feedback
- 7 Days per week while onboard the ship
- 6 to 8 weeks working and living onboard the ship
- 1 to 2 weeks shore leave vacation
- Accommodations and meals are provided onboard
- Roundtrip transportation is provided to the ship from a major airport near the Lead Line cook’s home
About Our Company: American Cruise Lines operates the newest and largest fleet of cruise ships in the United States, 3 of which are on the Mississippi River. The America and the Queen of the Mississippi are modern paddlewheelers reminiscent of steamboats from a bygone era, while the American Song is a brand new riverboat with contemporary décor. We offer a number of shipboard positions which provide the opportunity to cruise the most captivating destinations in the country including the East Coast, Mississippi River, Pacific Northwest, and Alaska. Take advantage of this opportunity to join a thriving company with over 30 years of experience. Create lasting memories on board, while exploring the beauty of America’s waterways.
Due to the U.S. Coast Guard regulations we are only able to hire American citizens or those who hold a valid Green Card