Job Title: Lead Line Cook / Line Cooks
Reports To: Sous Chef and/or Executive Chef
FLSA Status: Hourly Non Exempt
This Lead Line Cook position works in the main kitchen and/or in concession location(s) in a significant capacity preparing food items for sale within the facility. This position is critical to the success and quality of our food services and thus require the appropriate amount of skills, communication and leadership qualities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Maintains organized sanitary workstation at all times.
* Set up and stock stations with work supplies.
* Clean up work station and properly store and label any leftover food products.
* Properly labels and dates food items for storage.
* Assists in any and all food preparation for catering and concessions.
* Minimizes waste by controlling usage and following preset portioning.
* Follows approved recipes and production standards.
* Helps to maintain all Kitchen equipment and its cleanliness.
* Maintain a clean, safe working environment.
* Will work at Carving Station and/or other locations on the main concourse during events.
* Other duties as assigned.
This position typically performs his duties to ensure that all kitchen personnel performs their duties with precision and according to instructions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Previous experience as lead line cook or line cook preferred.
Experience in high volume food service.
At least (1) year experience in a food service preparing meals.
High School Diploma or GED. Culinary school preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Proven experience in various cooking methods, ingredients and equipment.
* Ability to produce high quality food in a fast paced environment.
* Positive, customer service oriented attitude at all times.
* Strong knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation practices.
* Maintains proper grooming and dress code standards.
* Work ethic encourages strong urgency and quality in a team environment. Accuracy and speed of completing tasks.
* Ability to work with other staff members in the facility.
* Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
* Attention to detail.
* Familiar with industry best practices.
* Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
* Must be able to pass credit and background check.
* Must have current and valid food handler permit.
* Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Resumes must include may be sent to:
accesso ShoWare Center
625 W. James St
Kent, WA 98032
Fax No. (253) 856-6713
No Phone Calls
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
This job description portrays in general terms the type and level(s) of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any one incumbent. The knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training. The company reserves the rights to modify, supplement, delete, or augment the duties and responsibilities specified in the position description, in the company's sole and absolute discretion. Duties other than those expressly specified may be assigned from time to time.
Employee Signature: _______________________ Date: ____________
Employee Name: ____________________________ Date: ___________
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled