The following position is being posted after the conclusion of the process set forth in San Diego Municipal Code 311.0101 et. seq.
The Lead Line Cook prepares all menu items in specific station with the utmost of care and respect for ingredients, technique and fellow associates. As a leader, receives direction from Chef and sets the example for all staff as to the pride and professionalism required to perform in a culinary environment of this caliber. Ensures that quality is never compromised and service never delayed enabling the best guest experience possible. Strives for excellence
* Maintains fresh, organized mise en place at all times to ensure the highest level of cookery.
* Acts as a teacher and assists other cooks in achieving goals, fostering teamwork and camaraderie.
* Prepares and presents menu items in specific station.
* Maintains the highest level of cleanliness in accordance with the Health Department and hotel standards.
* Practices established safety and emergency procedures.
* Follows all recipes and techniques consistently and with pride.
* Maintains a professional attitude and appearance at all times.
* Rotates stock to maintain freshness and eliminate waste.
* Undertakes other responsibilities as directed by the chef.
This position is ideal for someone that is passionate and career-minded. The ideal candidate will see cooking as a craft and exude the highest level of professionalism.
Food Handler's Card
2 - 4 years of experience working in fine dining.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled