Old Orchard Country Club (Golf/Banquets)/Lead Line Cook
Old Orchard Country Club
The Lead Line Cook is responsible for preparation of meals according to our standard recipes along with maintaining cleanliness and sanitation of the kitchen equipment, cookware, utensils, dishes and all service-related supplies. The Line Cook is responsible to set up the prep station, stock inventory and maintain sanitation standards throughout the kitchen. In the absence of the Chef / Kitchen Manager, the Lead Line Cook is responsible to direct all kitchen operations for the shift.
- A minimum of 1 year of similar kitchen experience in a restaurant, bar or banquet setting.
- Possess or be willing to acquire a ServSafe Illinois Food Handler certificate within 30 days of employment.
- Sufficient manual dexterity in hands in order to carry cookware, dishes, utensils and related service supplies in preparation for use.
- Ability to speak, and understand the English language in order to communicate with management and fellow staff.
- In depth understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Possess the ability to stay calm under pressure and time constraints.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule as the operational demand dictates including working early morning or late-night shifts including weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to respond politely, accurately and quickly to staff requests.
- Ability to stand and work in confined spaces for long periods of time.
The Line Cook will report directly to the Chef / Lead Line Cook on duty.
- Works in conjunction with the Chef / Kitchen Manager to record inventory, evaluate upcoming menu needs, determine corresponding supply needs, and place supply orders.
- Lead and instruct other kitchen staff as directed by the Chef / Kitchen Manager.
- Ensure that the prep station and main kitchen are set up and stocked for the day’s service.
- Prepare food for service such as chopping vegetables, trimming meats or preparing sauces.
- Cook and plate food items for service.
- Make sure that all food preparation and storage areas are kept clean and sanitary at all times and meet health and safety standards.
- Inventory food and supply items.
- Prepare kitchen and storage areas for next shift by cleaning and restocking prep and cooking stations.
- Unload and properly store food and supply deliveries.
- Comply with nutritional and sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Adheres to the dress code and personal hygiene guidelines set forth by the management.
- Other duties as assigned by the kitchen management.
Assist with special projects as they relate to kitchen operations.
The Lead Line Cook is responsible to monitor the cleanliness and sanitation of all food and beverage service items and supplies throughout the shift and report any concerns to the Kitchen Manager on duty.
- Bending, kneeling, and reaching items off floors or high shelves.
- Lift and move trays and cases of food and beverages and other supplies up to 25lbs.
- Perform repetitive hand/arm movements when operating cleaning equipment and beverages.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
May be exposed to all weather conditions if the banquet is held in an outdoor area.
- Possess the ability to resolve differences fairly and with good judgement is necessary.
- Must exercise good safety awareness.