Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield (URW) is the premier global developer and operator of flagship shopping destinations. With a portfolio valued at over €65.2 billion, the company owns and operates 93 shopping centres, including 56 flagships in the most dynamic cities in Europe and the United States. Our centres, welcoming 1.2 billion visits per year, are present on two continents and in 13 countries, and provide a unique platform for retailers and brands – with an exceptional and constantly renewed experience for customers. The Group also has the largest development pipeline in the industry, worth €11.9 billion, focused on building the shopping and lifestyle destinations of the future. In addition, URW distinguishes itself in the communities we serve through our Better Places 2030 agenda, an ambition to create places that respect the highest environmental standards and contribute to better cities and communities.
Our 3,700 talented professionals, at the forefront of innovation, possess the skills and are committed to the engagement and teamwork required to drive performance and generate superior value.
Responsible for the implementation and documentation of site safety plans, all URW maintenance operational standards and guidelines as well as site specific standards, policies and procedures relating to the maintenance department.These duties include but are not limited to the installation, repair, and maintenance of the facility equipment.
Supervises Maintenance Technicians and provides oversight and upkeep of the physical center, including grounds, utility services, HVAC, plumbing, electrical systems, electronicsystems, carpentry, plumbing, etc. and performs other tasks as assigned inthe best manner possible for the safety and health of all concerned, and coordinate these activities as needed.Supervises and directs maintenance personnel.
Provides supervision and is responsible for the implementation of all preventive maintenance repair operations, schedules emergency repair activities according to priority and the abilities of assigned personnel at the facility.
Provides technical advice, encouragement and instruction to maintenance technicians in such areas as electric theory, mechanical systems, hydraulic systems, and safety procedures. Perform equipment inspections, noting equipment condition, insuring that proper maintenance is being performed in accordance with URW standards. Responsible for the implementation of the quality assurance program for all work performed by the maintenance department.
Direct or participates in various facility programs and committees relating to assigned responsibilities such as safety, disaster, fire, pollution control, sustainability, and the guest experience etc. Develops a plan and/or procedure for controlling, labeling, recording estimated life expectancy,maintenance, and inspecting all capital and non-capital equipment within the facility and communicates this to URW management. Recommends equipment purchases to replace obsolete equipment items and provide assistance in formulating long-range equipment replacement requirements and coordinates actions with contractors. Assists in the development and implementation of operating and extraordinary expense budgets as required.
Establishes standards and work methods; takes steps to assure quality and quantity of performance, schedules team and evaluates results. Provides reports and recommendations to the Facilities Director on individual and team key performance indicators.
Establishes plans for improving departmental work emphasizing efficiency and economy. Communicates policies and procedures, discusses job problems, and employee concerns with management supervisors and employees. Encourages development of habits and attitudes for improved performance and good employee attitudes. Supervise, train, evaluate, and counsel all maintenance personnel.
Ensures that general safety, fire prevention regulations are enforced, and safe working habits are promoted throughout the facility. Ensures that all shop equipment is properly maintained and conforms to safety standards and promotes good housekeeping principles. Implement a systematic program to promote energy awareness and conservation within the facility. Maintains an on-going self-improvement program to keep abreast of new equipment, standards, codes, and maintenance procedures.
- Experience that is commensurate with the specific facility for the position of Lead Maintenance Technician. Prefer 10+ years progressive operations experience preferably within a retail environment.
- Strong employee relation skills, coaching skills and training skills. Must have previous experience supervising a team.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Computer skills and building automation systems experience required.
- Must have computer proficiency with familiarity and experience with CMMS computer-based work order systems.
- Working knowledge of energy conservation required, formal training preferred.
- Ability to perform tasks that require bending, climbing, walking and use of extremities.
- Able to operate and use bench and portable tools
- General familiarity with public area and back of house risk areas of a shopping center and measures used to reduce risk in these areas.
- Ability to work a rotating schedule during operating hours of the center.
- Must be able to respond to the property 7 days a week, 24 hours a day to handle emergencies.
- Supports and follows URW operational policies and standards.
- Responsible for driving and managing all aspects of the aesthetic of the mall and maintaining a consistently high customer experience.
- Sets and maintains a professional work environment with staff.
- Ensure standards of service and commitment.
- Functions include daily walk throughs of the center.
- Inspects the interior / exterior of the building on a daily basis and follows up on any deficiencies noted.
- Processes administrative paperwork in accordance to departmental policies and procedures.
- Reports to and collaborates with management of the facility related issues, including capital plans, capital projects, budgets, and schedules.
- As appropriate, records all pertinent data in building logbooks and makes all appropriate daily entries.
- Supervision of department work schedules and work orders.
- Performs simple procedures and tasks and other routine maintenance duties.
- Perform related duties as required – a “can do, will do” attitude.
- Utilizes the CMMS system and ECOWISE system to efficiently manage the operation of the center. Responsible for the integrity of information in these systems and databases and ensuring these tools are fully utilized.
- Coordinates parts, supplies and equipment from local vendors and inventory.
- Oversees any on-site equipment or asset inventory.
- Supports and follows URW safety program.
- Ensure compliance with safe practices and standards.
- Inspects and maintains fire life safety systems
- Maintains all fire and life safety systems according to local code and in a way that protects visitors, shoppers and employees.
- Responsible for practicing safe work habits and maintaining a safe work environment for themselves and others at all times to ensure compliance with all safety programs at the direction of Risk Management.
- Responsible to report any unsafe practices or unsafe conditions to the attention of their supervisor.
- Assists with emergency planning and response in coordination with other key members of the center-level management team.
- Attends required training classes and programs as appropriate.
- Assures good communication.
- Works with management on tenant related issues.
- Participates in regular required communication meetings with Facilities staff and Center management.
- Develops goals for department, staff, and self.
- Builds morale and a team approach.
- Complies with employment laws and employment practices.
- Supports growth opportunities and potential.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this position and a requirement.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
If you’ve ever wanted to be part of an innovative business, on the cutting edge of developing and evolving the shopping experience for customers, this is your chance!
URW is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, experience and skills. We offer a collaborative, innovative, achievement focused culture with unique opportunities for growth in a global company and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.