Eaton’s AerospaceGroup has an opening for a Lead Manufacturing Engineer. The position is located at the Los Angeles,CA Facility.
This position will be responsiblefor providing technical support and implementing Lean Manufacturing principlesin a production environment. Addressing technical issues through aproblem-solving framework with a focus on root cause, containment, andlong-term solutions, establish processes, tooling and equipment to support theproduction of the fluid controls and actuation product line.
Making what matters work at Eatontakes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environmentwhere creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your fullpotential—and where you can help us reach ours
In this function youwill:
- Serve as a technical focal point to operators, team leaders, and other engineers. Serve as a technical contact with internal and external customers, manufacturing, manufacturing engineering, quality assurance, product support, material, and suppliers ensuring their satisfaction.
- Utilize technical skills to troubleshoot and resolve issues related to product non-conformance and performance test failures for hydraulic, pneumatic, and electro-mechanical products. Work with manager to resolve complex issues.
- Identify, analyze, and implement cost reduction and productivity improvement projects in a production environment.
- Lead root cause and correction action for manufacturing issues by utilizing problem solving tools such as 8D analysis and Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEAs).
- Provide technical expertise on hydraulic and pneumatic products with emphasis on productivity and first-time pass.
- Develop process plans, fixtures, and tooling in support of Continuous Improvement Processes. You will also research, recommend, and execute capital equipment projects.
- Implement Lean Manufacturing principles and utilize Six Sigma methodologies to develop and maintain robust manufacturing processes to increase productivity, reduce variation, and eliminate waste.
- Analyze data from mechanical components to implement improvements to increase the productivity of the components, minimizing the assembly and test cycle times.
- Ensure processes meet Environmental, Safety, and Health (MESH) & regulatory requirements
- Analyze data from OEM returned products and implement improvements to increase the processing yield and quality of the components, minimizing the number of returned units.
When we embrace the differentideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — asindividuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum five years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 50 miles of Los Angeles, CA facility will be considered for this position. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Master’s degree in engineering from an accredited university.
- Experience with assembly and test operations of hydraulic, pneumatic, or electro-mechanical products.
- Previous aerospace experience.
- Experience with MRP systems.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen or other Continuous Improvement Processes.
- Familiarity/experience with Six Sigma & Problem-Solving methodologies.
- Ability to work on a cross-functional team to execute projects and ensure internal and external customer satisfaction
- Good technical writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Proficiency with computer-based methods and tools.
Eaton will consider for employment,qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with therequirements of the FCIHO.
We are committed to ensuring equalemployment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employmentdecisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race,color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, nationalorigin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteranstatus, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Serve as a technical focal point to operators, team leaders, and other engineers. Serve as a technical contact with internal and external customers, manufacturing, manufacturing engineering, quality assurance, product support, material, and suppliers ensuring their satisfaction.