Mechanics--are you interested in taking your next career step with an industry leader? We have just the opportunity for you! We are a leading home services provider and due to our continued growth we are looking for a highly skilled individual to serve as a Lead Fleet Mechanic.
In this role you will repair, maintain and overhaul diesel and gasoline engines, transmissions and differentials, industrial trucks, light duty trucks, tank trucks, tractors, tank trailers, automobiles and associated component parts, along with electrical systems, brake systems and liquid pumping systems/equipment. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, as well overtime opportunities during the busy winter season. You will also find room for advancement with us. If this sounds like the kind of career move you've been wanting to make and if you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you!
You will be responsible for the service and repair of diesel powered fuel oil trucks (36,000 lb. + GVW) and gasoline powered service vans including service, maintenance, repair, overhaul and/or testing of the following:
- Gasoline or diesel engines
- Exhaust systems
- Transmissions and drive train components
- Cooling systems
- Fuel injection systems
- Electrical systems
- P.M. Maintenance
- Road Service
- Wheels, tires, shock absorbers, and brakes
- Body damage and body parts
- Pumping components and fuel hoses
As a Lead Fleet Mechanic, you will combine technical expertise with a personable, approachable and helpful personality. You must also be highly detail-oriented and focused with a flexible and adaptable nature. It is important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills since you will be responsible for the day to day operations of the shop/garage along with overseeing staff.
- A minimum of five years related mechanical experience is required
- 2 -3 years demonstrated lead/supervisory experience managing a garage/shop
- CDL A or B + Tank and Hazmat endorsements
- Be familiar with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR) and Hazardous Materials Safety Regulations (HMSR)
- Perform repairs and maintenance in compliance with all applicable D.O.T. requirements
- Fabricate equipment and devices according to blueprints or schematics
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and are committed to a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
We are currently offering a $5,000 retention bonus- time frames apply!