Job Req ID: 201343
Position Number: 00148901
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Shift Details: 2nd shift 1pm- 9:30pm with occasional weekends
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: Laboratory
Location: Atrium Health Cleveland
Location Details: Atrium Cleveland Lab
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Assumes responsibility for the technical operations of the specific laboratory section. Ensures that all procedures are performed as defined in section policy and procedure. Assists and supports the Lab Director/Manager/Supervisor.
- Ensures the implementation and maintenance of quality, efficiency, and safety in the section by meeting all accreditation standards (CAP, AABB, TJC, etc) on a continual basis.
- Demonstrates initiative in tracking and resolving problems, and continually checks the accuracy of processes, test methods, instruments in the section, including the review of results and clerical errors before they are reported to the medical record
- Assigns work for section and assists in workload evaluations as needed, delegating authority and responsibility as appropriate to ensures that work assigned to members of the section is completed and reported in a timely manner.
- Participates in writing/reviewing policies and procedures.
- Performs competency assessments for the section, ensuring that all teammates meet accreditation complexity requirements prior to reporting patient results and ongoing thereafter.
Works in a fast-paced clinical environment. Works in an area which contains bio hazardous (infectious) materials along with chemical, fire, and mechanical hazards. Duties may involve standing, walking, stretching, stooping, bending and lifting light (20 pound) to moderately heavy (50 pound) loads.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelorï¿½s Degree with certification as MT(ASCP), MLS(ASCP), HTL(ASCP), CT(ASCP) or equivalent required.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer