Want more than just a job? Join Forever 21’s Retail Operations Team and showcase your fashion retail skills while working with our exceptional retail staff!
Position: Lead, Merchandiser
Department: Remote-Store Operations
Reports to: Assistant Store Manager, Visual
Direct Reports: No
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 1706 Franklin Mills Cir, Philadelphia, PA 19154
The Lead of Merchandising will oversee the styling, processing and placement of merchandise creating an aesthetically pleasing store set according to company standards and guidelines. Through leading company initiatives, the Lead of Merchandising will ensure maximum productivity, profitability, operational excellence and compliance with company procedures to create the highest quality in-store experience.
- Support daily merchandising, styling, floor set planning and execution, replenishment, launches, updates, planning and execution, shipment, zero selling reports, loss prevention, and service
- Assist in generating and analyzing performance reports and makes necessary product placement/adjustments based on selling and field merchandise reports
- Ensure floor is replenished per company guidelines which includes following up with staff to ensure accuracy
- Train, coach, and direct Associates on merchandise handling, shipment processing, merchandise presentation, and visual techniques as needed
- Partner with the leadership team to make product placement adjustments based on selling, inventory ownership, and merchandising reports
- Lead overall store earnings by driving top line sales and managing controllable contribution practicing Leader on Duty tasks.
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years old with a high school diploma or equivalent. College degree or relevant technical or vocational training preferred
- Must have at least 2 years of retail experience. Prior supervisory or management experience preferred
- Must be skilled in strategic planning and customer service
- Must be able to provide feedback, develop others, embrace and lead change, and make clear and defined decisions
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able act with integrity and professionalism to ensure that all business is conducted without bias or prejudice
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs., perform frequent standing, walking, repetitive finger, hand and wrist motions, as well as bending, stooping, reaching, squatting, kneeling, pushing, pulling, climbing ladders, and work with cleaning chemicals
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, which may include closing, weekend, and holiday shifts