At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
The Lead MRI Technologist is responsible for performing technical duties utilizing magnetic resonance imaging equipment and supplies to obtain satisfactory imaging for exams and procedures performed on patients of all ages. The MRI Technologic is also responsible for performing clerical duties specific to all areas of the Imaging Services Department.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Utilizes all electronic systems effectively and appropriately.
- Assists with clerical duties.
- Demonstrates the required technical knowledge to perform quality imaging for all diagnostic MRI exams and procedures while providing quality patient care and safety.
- Performs quality imaging appropriate to patients of all ages and conditions.
- Assures appropriate patient identification is performed and indication and history for exam is documented.
- Ensures patient and family education is accomplished as appropriate and according to department policies.
- Follows corporate, hospital, department, state and federal regulations, policies, procedures and directives
- Interacts in a positive and constructive manner with everyone
- Can prioritize and multitask
- Acts as a mentor for all technologists, provides input for evaluations, employee performance and the hiring of new technologists. Works with department management to maintain a balanced work schedule, documents performance of technologists appropriately.
- Minimum of 3 years acute care hospital experience or equivalent, preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge of ACR accreditation guidelines preferred
- Current ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists) certification required OR ARMRIT certification required
- Venipuncture certificate required
- Current American Heart Association BLS card required