For over three decades, many of the world’s leading firms have relied on Align as a trusted IT solution provider and center of excellence in IT advisory, infrastructure design, build, delivery and managed services. We are actively seeking innovative minds to establish and strengthen our team to deliver high-quality state-of-the-art technology solutions for our enterprise and boutique clients.
If you are seeking to own challenging projects under tight schedules for some of today’s most fascinating companies while leveraging an exceptional team and long track record of success, then we want to hear from you today.
Align seeks a Lead Network Infrastructure Engineer with solid design experience for our growing Systems, Network, and Security Practice. We are looking for a client facing Network Architect with solid design and hands on deployment experience. Candidates must have in-depth security experience, ideally with Sourcefire. This person is required to have a solid understanding of core routing and switching design using Cisco recommended best practices. Any prior experience designing and fully deploying Software Defined Networking Solutions (SDN) such as Cisco ACI or NSX would be a plus. Ideal candidates will have some pre-sales experience working for a VAR, MSP or systems integrator, but this is not required. This role will be client facing, and strong whiteboarding / solution design experience is required. The ability to speak intelligently about cybersecurity, voice, and converged infrastructure design considerations is preferred. Ideal candidates will have some pre-sales experience writing detailed technical proposals and bills of materials while working for a VAR, MSP or systems integrator. Candidates must have a firm understanding of hardware capabilities, software requirements and systems integrations. Qualified individuals are required to possess exceptional written, verbal and customer service skills. This is an exciting opportunity to work with best-in-class technology and to work alongside a great team of passionate, knowledgeable engineers.
- The position will be based out of our New York City office, but will be regularly required to attend client projects and meetings in New Jersey and the NY Metropolitan Area
- This is a full-time position offering full benefits, a competitive salary, paid training and bonus
- Act a Senior Professional Services Engineer working on assigned projects to support our client’s network infrastructure requirements, including configuring and supporting medium and large-scale networks
- Drive the design process, working with other Align senior engineers and network architects
- Gather client requirements and build network typologies/designs based on provided information then configure and deploy the appropriate networking technologies as needed
- Responsible for working with clients to understand their business goals and requirements and making recommendations for solutions
- Follow the Align project methodology and generate network documentation as directed by project managers
- Interface with customer’s senior management and serve as a trusted technology advisor to assess customer needs and business opportunities
- Partner with the Align Sales team to identify, qualify and develop solutions to alleviate customer pain points and implement account infiltration strategies
- Assist with and validate proposal and technical solutions development for both Align Professional Services and Managed Services by conferring with senior internal engineers to define the bounds and aims of solution designs to generate technical documents including scopes of work (SOW); proposals; product specifications; RFP, RFI and RFQ responses; Visio diagrams; hardware/software requirements (also known as Bill of Materials); cost-benefit analysis and labor hours estimates for professional services work
- Consult with other Align engineers to address customer’s questions, validate technical designs, and ensure solutions fit within Align service offerings
- Create various parts lists, Visio diagrams, technical proposals, PowerPoint presentation slides and technical write-ups as needed
- Six or more years of relevant experience in a technical network infrastructure engineering or infrastructure architect role
- CCIE Certification is a plus
- Expert level knowledge of the architecture and design principals related to network routing and switching
- Expert level knowledge of Cisco data center architecture configuration including Nexus 7K, 5K, 2K and UCS servers is required
- Hands on network security, ideally including Sourcefire implementation
- Must have excellent presentation and “whiteboarding” skills
- Advanced technical expertise with Network Infrastructure and Cisco Solutions is a must
- Experience designing and deploying Software Defined Networking Solutions (SDN) such as Cisco ACI or NSX would be beneficial
- Any Cisco Unified Communications (UC) or Voice experience would be a plus
- Some prior experience designing and fully deploying Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) is preferred
- Solid understanding of IT infrastructure and distributed computing technologies client/server, virtualization, security and storage with the capability to translate/apply this knowledge to the proposal and presales process
- Strong technical writing skills and in-depth experience writing detailed technical proposals and documentation using Microsoft Word, Visio and PowerPoint is imperative
- Broad general knowledge of cybersecurity, storage, converged infrastructure and hyper-converged infrastructure is desired.
- Prior VAR, managed services or systems integrator experience working with major vendors is desired
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and client service skills
- Ability to quickly identify clients’ technical obstacles
- In-depth technical skills and thorough understanding of industry best practices
- General understanding of data center operations including production, operations, server, storage, network, systems management, help desk and DR/business recovery practices
- Customer focused with the ability to influence others to achieve results
- Relevant industry certifications are required (Cisco, Microsoft, VMware)
Align is a dynamic and flexible place to work, offering professionals unparalleled opportunities to train in the leading technologies, make an impact within the industry and control their own destinies. We have a flawless track record of delivering technical solutions and have established long-standing relationships with an impressive client list of both Global 1000 and SMB clients.
We work across a diverse list of industries including financial services, life sciences (pharmaceutical and health care), retail, technology, media and telecommunications. We give our professionals the autonomy to pursue opportunities and manage assignments in ways that maximize their creativity and talents, leading to self-fulfillment and financial rewards.